Think: Chapter Ninety-Three: Doku Kobura: The Cobra of Tartarus

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Warnings: This work contains mild language, blood, abuse, death, and violence. If you are easily triggered by violent scenarios, please do not read this chapter. This chapter could be triggering to some readers. Reader discretion is advised.

Please be aware this chapter is in third-person perspective, following my original character, BioVirus, Doku Kobura, who is a villain currently a part of The League of Villains.

Chapter Ninety-Three: Doku Kobura:

Kobura stared up at the dismal cell ceiling. His back ached. His head hurt worse. He continued to contemplate his decision to be willingly taken into custody. Toga and Twice were beyond capable of handling themselves, but with The League of Villains moving forward with their well-in-advance plans for villain domination, it was hard not to worry. The Doctor had started yammering on about more advanced Nomus right before Kobura had been imprisoned, which only made Kobura's stomach twist into knots at the thought of Anna coming face-to-face with one of those monstrosities now that she was back at U.A..

Kobura sighed heavily, his breath echoing back at him. He wished he'd done some more research on Dabi's whereabouts before he'd been arrested. Doku had the uneasy feeling that he was up to no good, above and beyond what was normal for him. With Anna to look after, any idiotic thing that Dabi was doing was the least of his concerns. Kobura had heard Dabi was working on bringing someone into The Leagues of Villains for better intel, but he knew little beyond that. It made Kobura's skin crawl not knowing more, not being able to warn Anna about what villainous activities were to come.

Kobura shifted again on his slab that they called a cot. His fingers felt frigid in these conditions, and it was getting harder for him to move. Kobura's cold-blooded nature did not adjust well to colder climates. The prison barely gave him anything to wear, a thin orange jumpsuit, let alone materials to cover himself with. Villains didn't exactly get first-class treatment in Tartarus. They'd removed all of his piercings. He ran his tongue over the now empty snakebite holes, wondering if they would close before he'd get out.

Shigaraki should have defeated Gigantomachia by now, based on the rumors, which made Kobura feel a little bit better about his current predicament. Doku's quirk would have been a detriment to those extended fights. He would have only made Gigantomachia more powerful against Shigaraki. The fact that Shiggy won, meant that going to prison wasn't a total waste. Word spread quickly, even within these thick walls. The League of Villains went up against the Meta-Liberation Army and kicked their asses. The new name circled Tartarus like a ghost. The Paranormal Liberation Front was what The League had started calling themselves now.

After everything, Doku chose Anna. Kobura would never regret choosing her. His friends understood. You only find true love once in a lifetime. He only hoped his sacrifice gave Anna what she always dreamed of. He would return to her in time. He wouldn't want to miss seeing her smile again.

The days had blended together. The graying walls of the Tartarus facility didn't allow for an appropriate count of time. Kobura was a model prisoner in the interim. He kept his head down, stayed out of trouble. He felt that doing his time made up for some of his past villainous deeds, even if it was just in a small way. Being behind bars, taking responsibility for his actions, would put him in a better place with Anna. He'd stay as long as it took in this hellish prison for her. He'd break out if she ever needed him.

Doku's door beeped, indicating that the lock had released. Kobura sat up in the next breath. There should have been no reason his cell door opened now. They hadn't requested him to put on a quirk-nullifying mask, nor was it mealtime.

The air left Kobura's body as his eyes met his father's single golden iris. Kobura froze. He never thought he would come into direct contact with his father, especially here. The last he knew, his parents were being held at a lesser facility, one for smalltime villains.