Think: Chapter Twenty-Eight: Sneaking Out for Cold Soba

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Chapter Twenty-Eight: Sneaking Out for Cold Soba

"Shinso?" you asked. "What are you doing out here so late?"

"I'd ask you the same question, Kitten, but I would know your answer." He sighed, looking out the window at the brilliant moon. "I wasn't sleeping," he said, as if he hadn't tried to sleep in the first place. He smirked and turned his gaze back on you. "Then, I saw a little kitty poke her head out of her room and decided to follow."

"Sorry," you said. "It happens more when I'm stressed out," you admitted.

Shinso hummed softly, resting his elbows on the back of the couch. "What do you have to be stressed about?"

You half-laughed and half-scoffed, biting your bottom lip at how rude that might have been. "Would you believe me if I said I'm stressed out about my parents?" you asked.

Shinso quirked an eyebrow at you. "Really?" he asked. "You're less worried about villains and school, and more stressed about your parents?"

You shrugged. "I just get the feeling that I could be running my own hero agency right now, and they'd still think that I should just suddenly lose my quirk and become a baker," you muttered, laughing bitterly.

"That's a tough one," Shinso said. "Can't really change a stubborn person's perception. Can't really try to convince parents in believing in something that they don't either."

You pouted a little. Shinso rested his hand on top of your messy hair, patting it down softly and chuckling. You pouted even more.

"Listen, Kitten," Shinso withdrew his hand. His attention glided back toward the moon. "It might be good if you tried to get your mind off of all this stressful stuff. Maybe you should get out for a bit. Hang out with somebody other than your own thoughts." Shinso rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "There's a cat café not that far down the road that we can..."

Your eyes settled on the moon outside, pulling you into the picturesque light like a moth to a flame. It would be nice to go out, have fun, or eat some food. You'd postponed your date so many times with Todoroki that the opportunity felt like it was almost out of reach. You would do anything for some cold soba right about then.

Shinso snapped his fingers in front of your face, and you realized that you'd spaced out for a moment. You grabbed his hand on reflex, trying to get him to stop. He smirked down at you.

"I lost you there. Thinking about me all dressed up?" he asked teasingly.

You rolled your eyes at him, adjusting your crumpled pajama shirt. Your fingers trailed the stitching, until your mind had settled again. "I think you might be right, Shinso," you spoke softly, as if you were coming out of some kind of trance.

"Of course I am," he said, lacing his hands behind his head.

"I should go out. Get my mind off things," you said. You turned, ready to go back to your room.

"Hey, wait. We didn't even—" Shinso cut off his speech when you turned back.

You tilted your head in question, but he let out a heavy sigh, plunging his hands into his pockets. A sadness lingered on his smirk this time, tugging at the corners of his mouth. His eyes darted away briefly.

"You should really go out. Relax for once," he said. He let out an obvious yawn, giving you a small pat on the back before heading in the direction of his room. "You should get some rest though. It'd be a shame if you went out tired."