Think: Chapter Ninety-Four: Decaying Knowledge

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Warnings: This work contains mild language, blood, and violence.

Chapter Ninety-Four: Decaying Knowledge

You couldn't keep up. Deku and Bakugo had far more experience and speed than you did. Over your ragged breaths, you could barely hear Deku explaining the situation to Endeavor on an assumed private channel. From the few words you could pick up on, Deku was going to see if he could lead Shigaraki in a different direction just by moving himself.

Your mind blasts were getting weaker. You felt your consciousness slip for just a second, before catching yourself off of some more debris. Your head was swimming. Thankfully, the thoughts weren't crowding you anymore, but you'd taken some strain from getting forced out of Shigaraki's mind.

Suddenly, you were grabbed. You yelped. Bakugo clicked his tongue in your ear, annoyed.

"Dammit, Big Brain! What were you thinking following us?" he snapped at you. He hooked you onto his chest. "Hold on."

You wrapped your arms around his neck, worried he might decide to drop you and leave you behind.

"Ah, Think?" Deku asked in surprise. "You followed us?"

"Do you have any idea how dangerous it is for you to be here?" Bakugo scolded you.

You pressed your face into his chest in order to avoid his angry glare.

"Don't hide now! Where the hell are you going to go? I'm holding you." Bakugo clicked his tongue again.

"W-why would you follow us? I t-told you I'd be right back," Deku said.

"One for All. Shigaraki is after One for All, isn't he?" you muttered into the fabric of Bakugo's hero costume.

Bakugo's muscles tensed. Deku let out a small gasp, seemingly left speechless by your words.

"W-What's One for All?" Deku asked, but you could hear the shaking in his voice and the lie as blatant as the sun in the sky.

"Dammit, Deku! She figured it out. Don't be an idiot and try to lie to her now." Bakugo gritted his teeth. "I should have pushed you out of that room when I had the chance. All Might said too much that day." One of his arms came around your waist, and he gave you a squeeze. "This is too dangerous. You shouldn't have come."

"I can hold my own," you said. You peered up at him, and he glanced away, blushing.

"I'm not questioning your abilities, Big Brain. I'm just..." he trailed off sighing. "You better not get yourself hurt!"

"Shigaraki changed direction!" Deku called back. "It's just like we thought. He's after me. We can buy the Pro Heroes more time to evacuate the civilians"

Bakugo grinned viciously. "I can't wait to kick that villain's crusty ass. I owe him a beat down, and I intend to deliver, especially for what happened to All Might because of me being kidnapped. I'll prove that I'm a hero."

Bakugo sped up, and you had to clutch him tighter to hold on. Bakugo's hand came down to check that you weren't slipping every once in a while; however, he had no issues keeping up with Deku even with you hanging on to him. You took the chance to glance at him. His jaw was set. He still held on to what happened to All Might after he'd been kidnapped. He still continued to blame himself for it. He hadn't been the only one there that night. It wasn't his fault, nor was it yours.

You winced as a blast of energy shot over your skin. Your earpiece tingled and a sharp buzz sounded, before it went dead entirely.

"The comms! They're out again!" Deku warned, fidgeting with his headpiece.