Think: Chapter Sixty-Five: A Fake Date with Shinso

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Chapter Sixty-Five: A Fake Date with Shinso

Heart of Hearts had purchased a few hotel rooms beside the restaurant, courtesy of Endeavor's agency card. You stood in the shadow of the mirror, eyes glued to an image of you that you still weren't used to. Hearts had already done your make-up, and she'd fitted you with a brunette wig. Ringlets cascaded down your back. Considering that your hair used to look the same way before your heroic journey, it wasn't that staggering of a difference; however, you couldn't help feel like you were looking at a complete stranger whenever you were done up like this.

You were fitted with different glasses, floating frames with temples that matched your purple dress, but were a color of purple that you'd never wear again. Luckily you'd talked Hearts out of the idea of contacts. Anything that's ever came that close to your eyes couldn't get past your quirk if you wanted it to. Despite Hearts suggesting contacts for you, she couldn't wear them herself without it dulling her abilities. She understood after you'd explained the situation to her.

You twirled ever so slightly, still not believing you were standing in your own body. Your figure blossomed in the gown, elegant and bold. You turned your gaze down to your feet, which were already hurting from the heels that they'd been put in. You'd be lucky to walk straight, considering how high they actually were.

Hearts had left to go take care of her own makeup and wig. She was going to wear a bright cotton-candy blue hair piece that was even longer than the one she'd put on your head. She'd changed her whole ensemble to cool colors to do a complete change of her normal aesthetic. She was already in her dress in your room, so you could see how stunning it was. She'd gone with a powder-blue gown that hugged her figure with an open back. As uncomfortable you would feel in something like that, she looked gorgeous.

A knock at the door jolted you from inspecting your outfit. You stumbled toward the entryway, nearly tumbling to the ground before actually opening the door. You were surprised to see Shinso standing there instead of Hearts. You should have really checked the peephole before just letting anyone in.

Shinso blinked at you, perplexed at first. He'd frozen in place. In his left hand was a bouquet of red carnations, and they slowly tilted from his grasp. He opened his mouth to say something, only to close it again, blushing. He adjusted the flowers in his grasp, scratching the back of his head.

"Yes?" you asked.

Shinso cleared his throat. "I got these for you." He held them out in front of himself, hiding his expression from you with the flowers.

You gathered them into your arms. "Thank you."

Shinso shoved his hands in his dark black pants pockets. He had a white suit jacket, black tie, and a purple pocket square that matched your dress. You supposed he left the hat back in his room because it bothered him. It would bother you too if you had to cover a mane of hair like his.

Shinso glanced at you discreetly a few times. "I don't know how to tell you how beautiful you look. Words are failing me at the moment," he said hesitantly.

Your face flushed with heat. You had the sudden urge to shut the door to save yourself from having your heart beat out of your chest. You stood strong, or as strong as you could when you felt as if you'd collapse from his loving gaze.

"Y-you look very handsome," you stuttered out, gaze shifting to your feet.

Shinso chuckled, and you pouted.

"You were just teasing me, weren't you?" you muttered under your breath, bringing the flowers up to your face to cover your embarrassment.

"Of course I wasn't. You become more beautiful every time I lay my eyes on you. It actually baffles me how you can't see it yourself." The seriousness in Shinso's eyes made you tuck further into the sweet smelling flowers.