Think: Chapter Eighty-Four: Doku Kobura: A Villain Playing Hero

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Warnings: This work contains mild language and violence.

Please be aware this chapter is in third-person perspective, following my original character, BioVirus, Doku Kobura, who is a villain currently a part of The League of Villains.

Chapter Eighty-Four: Doku Kobura: A Villain Playing Hero

Sweet Anna stepped out into the afternoon sun. Even with her hair dyed to its original brown color she appeared like an ethereal angel, otherworldly to Kobura. Her parents and these horrid students had broken her to pieces again. Her confidence had crumbled to dust. Kobura was slowly trying to sweep her back together.

"Hello, Sweet Anna," he greeted her warmly. His new uniform itched, constricting him in ways that he just wasn't used to in his normal gear. Despite his costume looking of leather on the outside, the fabric had quite a bit of stretch and was breathable to help him move. It was a lot harder to hide his weaponry under the cheap fabric of this school uniform as well, so he decided on just packing the essentials. The school should really consider getting a metal detector because the number of knives that Kobura had smuggled in could open a small weapon shop.

"Hey," Anna said. Her cheeks were flush.

Doku's attention dwelled on her expression. She didn't appear sad, so what had gotten her to blush like that? "Was class eventful?" Kobura pulled himself off of the wall. He offered out his hand toward Anna's bag.

"It was weird." Anna declined his outstretched hand, shaking her head. "I'm pretty sure everyone thinks that I fought back against those girls. Well, everyone except Higa. He actually apologized to me. He wanted to make sure that someone named Abe knew he did it too. He seemed really freaked out."

Kobura snaked his hands into his pockets. "He did, did he? It's about time he apologized for his behavior toward you. I'll make sure your classmates know it's me next time, so they can keep your name out of their mouths." Kobura brushed his arm intentionally against Anna's to give her some kind of comfort. She didn't seem to react much to his touch. What had happened in class must have been pretty bad to distract her from acknowledging his proximity to her. "By the way, Abe is me, remember?"

Anna stopped short, the gears turning in that pretty head of hers. "Wait a second. You made Higa do that? He begged me for forgiveness. He was so scared."

Kobura frowned. "The only thing I made him do is what he should have done since he targeted you. Sorry goes a long way in this society. I learned that from you." He grinned again, reaching out to ruffle Anna's hair but thinking better of it. He lowered his voice. "It was his decision to beg for it, not mine. Though I must admit he should have done much more than beg for your forgiveness for what he put you through." He tilted his head thoughtfully. Kobura extended his hand back, scratching the back of his head. "Try not to forget my new name, Sweet Anna. I can't spend time with you if you blow my cover." Kobura brought a finger to his lips, winking at her. "Remember that I'm called Ikuo Abe while we're at school. Although I won't correct you if you use my first name by accident."

Anna uncomfortably shifted back from Doku. Her hands clenched at her backpack straps. "Why do you always use my first name? Wouldn't it make more sense that you use my last name since you just joined the school?"

"Not if we're best friends. I knew you before going here, Sweet Anna, so it's okay. If it makes more sense to you, you can call me Ikuo." Kobura leaned back, his coy smile catching the sun. "If you'd prefer, as your upperclassman, you could also call me Senpai."

Anna's face became a few shades darker. She glanced away in embarrassment, making Kobura's heart flutter. She was so damn cute.

"I-I'm just fine calling you Abe." She tugged absently at the bottom of her skirt. "Sure, I've spoken to you before, but I don't really know you like this." She gestured to his school uniform. "It's a little odd seeing you as a normal student." Anna paused, her stolid expression saddening. "Are you sure you want to be here with me? I thought that high school was kind of rough on you."