Think: Chapter Fourteen: Fighting Toward Finals

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Disclaimer: The following is a work of fan fiction using characters and settings from My Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia created by Kohei Horikoshi. I do not claim any ownership of characters present in this piece that are owned and created by Kohei Horikoshi. I do not own My Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia.

Any references to historical events, real people, or real locales are used fictitiously. Other names, characters, places, and incidents are the product of the author's imagination, and any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead is entirely coincidental.

Trigger Warnings: Language, Abuse, and Violence

Please be aware this piece is in second person perspective, following my original character, Think, Anna Kokoro, who is a transfer student from America. I will be posting in chapters/sections. This chapter gets pretty heavy. Thank you for reading! I really appreciate the support.

Chapter Fourteen: Fighting Toward Finals

"You have to shift your hips more," Midoriya said.

You were drenched in sweat, and there wasn't a droplet on the broccoli boy yet. Shinso and Todoroki stood on the sidelines of the gym, neither of which wanting to spar with each other nor talk. After having thrown a major fit about whom would train with you first, you shut them both down, asking Midoriya to show you some take downs and throws.

"How can you do it so easily?" you asked, getting closer to him again on the mat.

"It just takes practice," he said. "It's not going to come naturally at first since this is newer for you."

You nodded, approaching him again. Midoriya threw a very slow punch to get you started. You spun, holding his wrist and trying to hoist him over you, but for such a tiny looking guy he was way heavier than you thought he'd be, and you couldn't even get his feet off of the ground.

"I can't," you said.

"Trust me you can," Midoriya said. His hot breath came over your ear, and your whole body tensed under him.

You let Midoriya go, puffing out your cheeks and taking a few steps back. You shook out your arms and bounced a little on your toes to motivate yourself to try again. You remembered the feeling of being lifted, remembered what pressure Midoriya had put on your body to so easily flip you over him when he'd first showed you the technique. You could do this. It was just like reaching out with your quirk, only now it was with your hands.

"Okay. I've got it this time," you said. "Come at me." You readied yourself, planting your feet like you remembered Midoriya had at the beginning of training.

Midoriya gave you a look of pity, seeing how hard you were trying, but all the same, he came at you again with the punch. You grabbed his wrist, picturing the motion fluently in your mind. You closed your eyes, letting yourself flow into it. When you opened your eyes, Midoriya had landed on his back directly in front of you with a shocked expression on his face.

"I did it," you said breathlessly. "I did it!" you shouted.

Midoriya gave you a nervous smile, gently rubbing the back of his head. "You sure did."

You reached out your hand to help him back up. "Can I try again?" you asked with enthusiasm.

"S-sure," he sputtered.

Midoriya showed you a couple of more throws, until the other two boys were growing inpatient. Midoriya looked like he'd been spun in a dryer one too many times by the time one of them spoke up.