Think: Chapter Eighteen: Final Exam Trust Fall

Shinso cupped your chin with his slender fingers, pulling your face up. "Why is there a cut on your face?" he asked.

You pulled your face away from him. "I ran into a wall."

Shinso cracked a smile. "You ran into a wall?" he asked, chuckling.

"Yes," you said, pushing your glasses back into place.

"Did you get new glasses?" he asked.

"Yes," you said.

Shinso hummed softly. He put his hands naturally into his pockets. "They look nice."

"Thank you," you said.

The two of you had been waiting outside your door for about five minutes, but Shoto hadn't appeared. You'd made it a habit of walking to class with each other early, so it was weird that he was late, especially since the written exam started today. Your nervous energy had you fidgeting restlessly next to Shinso. You would tell it was exasperating him, but you couldn't help yourself.

"You'll do fine," he muttered, rolling his eyes. "You're probably going to score the highest in the class."

"Don't jinx me," you said, tugging on your braid.

Shinso sighed. His eyes lazily went over to Todoroki's door. "Where's Icy Hot anyway?"

"Todoroki," you corrected him. You made your way over to his door because your concern had clearly exceeded your patience. You gently rapped on the door, waiting. You heard movement, but no one came. You knocked again. "Shoto?" you asked. "You're going to be late for exams."

The door opened. Todoroki was still in his pajamas, rubbing his eyes sleepily. "What time is it?" he asked in a groggy voice.

"There's ten minutes until the exam starts."

Todoroki's eyes widened, and he shut the door. You heard a series of clatters and crashes coming from inside his dorm room. The next instant he appeared, he was fully dressed in his school uniform. His hair was still disheveled a bit from sleep.

"Late night?" Shinso snickered.

Shoto gave him a death glare, smoothing out his hair. "There was a personal family matter that I had to deal with," he muttered softly.

"Is everything okay?" you asked in concern.

Shoto turned his gaze on you, softening his eyes. "It's fine now. It wasn't actually that big a deal. My father wanted to speak to me about a few things before exams. His lecture lasted longer than expected."

You suddenly remembered the memory of his father, and you shivered. "Well, at least it's okay now."

The three of you made it into the classroom just five minutes early. Everyone else was already there, chattering away or yawning after their late night cram sessions. When you sat down at your seat, you set out your pencils and cleared your desk, mentally going over everything for the exam in your head. Your gaze wandered back to Ochaco, who looked practically green. She was so nervous. You waved, catching her attention.

You mouthed, "You've got this," and you gave her a thumbs up.

Ochaco nervously smiled back in your direction, returning your thumbs up with her own. That's about when Mr. Aizawa rolled in and the bell rang, indicating the start of your three days of written exams.

You put down your pencil first, realizing that it had been the third time you've gone over your exam on the final day. Your hand cramped, but the anxiety of taking the test had completely left. All of that studying really did end up helping you. You were far faster than you'd ever been. The only thing making you nervous now was the fact that you were the first one done. Written exams were over. You'd hand this in, and then all your attention can fully be on the practical.