Think: Chapter Forty-Two: Guilt, Glitter, and Gang Orca

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Chapter Forty-Two: Guilt, Glitter, and Gang Orca

The building had toppled over completely on the second floor. After clearing out each room on the first two floors, you realized the thoughts you were hearing were coming from above. The wind kicked up as soon as you broke out into the air again. Shards of glass crunched under your feet as you moved. You saw the injured bystander on the far end of the room, catching light of more of her thoughts as she looked at you.

Finally.

"Help!" she called, clearly pretending to be caught under some debris and in severe pain. She was bleeding from the crown of her head, and it appeared her leg was stuck under a beam.

You rushed forward, only to stop after the building groaned with the pressure. The fragile glass wall, now beneath your feet, splintered.

Minus five points. She moved without assessing the disaster zone first.

As much as you wanted to shout back at her, you had enough sense not to. Of course you assessed your situation. That's why you moved forward so quickly. This building, fake scenario or not, was near further collapse. You had to get the civilian out quickly. Your quirk relied heavily on sight. If you couldn't see enough of the damage, you could shift something that would make things worse. If there wasn't debris over her, you could have gotten her out without a problem.

"Don't move. I'm here to help you," you said, taking a more careful look around. "It's unstable here. How severe are your injuries?"

"My leg is stuck, and I hit my head!" the woman called back.

"It's not safe for me to move you from here," you stated. You edged forward, your breath catching when you heard the glass crack again. "I'll have to come to you, assess the debris, and then, with your permission, I'm going to float you over to the stable part of the building."

"It's too dangerous," the woman said.

"You're going to be fine. I'm here to help," you reassured again. Slowly, you moved over the glass panels, hearing with each slide of your boot a new crackle of splintering glass. Using wisps of your mind, you latched onto the areas of the room that still seemed intact to keep from shattering the glass as you moved.

"How can you be so certain?" she asked.

It was a bait question, one to make you falter and worry the person you're rescuing if you weren't careful. It's textbook knowledge to not show any kind of fear in this situation.

"Because if your son can be brave enough to trust in a hero to save his mother, I can be brave enough to rescue you," you said.

"You found Tommy?" she asked.

These actors were good. They probably all had a backstory. The depth in which this scenario was created was absolutely amazing.

"He's safe," you called back with your eyes carefully planning your next step. "So, we can't keep him waiting too long. He misses his mother." You'd shut out the woman's thoughts. You'd need to concentrate. The closer you got, the more fragile the glass appeared to be. This actress must have had some kind of quirk that would protect her if things went south because you didn't catch real fear coming from her.

You narrowed the gap between you and the civilian, smiling softly when you reached her. "I'm going to move the debris. Please cover your head and close your eyes."

The woman followed your instructions, and, with precise strands of your mind, you untangled the mess of debris off of her body.

"Can you stand?" you asked, reaching out your hand to her.