Think: Chapter Thirty-Nine: Training with a Rock

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Chapter Thirty-Nine: Training with a Rock

Thankfully, your arm healed up quickly, the only remembrance of it being a small scar. Shortly after safety training had been completed, your "illness" had vanished. Todoroki being able to reach out to you during survival training was the first sign that you were getting better. You didn't want to jinx it by thinking too hard on how it went away, but, all the same, you were grateful for the timing. It took some of your classmates more time to be convinced that you were better. Ochaco practically poked your face to the point it bruised, testing that your friends could get close to you again.

You and Kirishima were supposed to train together. You were really excited to too. It was evident that your quirk required a partner. You didn't know how many times he reassured you that he could handle anything you threw at him. You hadn't been completely able to test out your ultimate moves, nor had you experimented with some of the new gadgets you had in your belt, so having Kirishima to train with was going to prepare you for what was to come.

You had to make sure you informed Mr. Aizawa of your plans first though. You wanted to train after class, so you would need to get his permission first. You tilted the small map in your hands. Midoriya, being Midoriya, had completely mapped out the entire campus of UA. You weren't certain if it was because of him being a total fanboy over All Might and where he'd attended, or if he did it to make sure you had an easier time to get around, but you accepted a copy of it without hesitation. Kirishima and Bakugo had to discuss things with the support course, so you would need to go ask Mr. Aizawa by yourself. You didn't mind, especially since you were testing out how well Midoriya's map could help you.

You brought the map closer to your face, picking up the pace because it wasn't like you had all the time in the world between your next class. It wasn't until you smacked directly into someone that you realized how airheaded you could be sometimes. You stumbled back, apologizing profusely as you lost your footing.

"Woah, there. Got somewhere to be, Kid?"

When you didn't immediately fall to the ground, you blinked a couple of times. Nothing seemed to be holding you, but somehow you were righted. The man in front of you grinned at you cockily. Bright red feathers whooshed past you, collecting into the gorgeous display of red wings on his back. He was wearing a large brown coat. He had a slender build, blond hair, and his eyes appeared to be made of gold. You gulped, taking a step back from him. You had hoped that you learned your lesson about strangers, and this one made you nervous.

You couldn't help yourself from gawking at his feathers though. They were a beautiful shimmering crimson and reminded you so much of how you wished that you could figure out how to fly with your own quirk. The man waved at you, and your eyes met his. You gulped thickly.

"Bird got your tongue, Kid?"

You shook your head furiously. "Sorry, I was staring." You grew beat red, slamming your palm against your forehead.

The man cracked a smile. "Honest, aren't ya?" He chuckled.

"I-I just have never seen wings like that before...or at all really," you admitted.

The man's eyes' widened, and he extended his wings so you could get a better look. "You like 'em? I wasn't sure about the color."

You raised an eyebrow at him and tilted your head to the side.

"A joke, Kid. It was just a joke." He sighed, retracting his wings. "Literal too, I see." He rubbed the back of his head, looking you over before narrowing his eyes. He shoved his hand in his pocket, pulling out a crumpled stack of papers. He unfolded them, scanning the pages before he turned his face back up to you. "Oh, shit! Look at that!"