Think: Chapter Sixty-Four: Doku Kobura: An Untouchable Pawn

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Warnings: This chapter contains blood, gore, language, and violence. Read this chapter at your own discretion. If these things make you uncomfortable, please do not read. You can skip this chapter and still enjoy the rest of the story.

Chapter Sixty-Four: Doku Kobura: An Untouchable Pawn

Kobura's composure was cracking. Shigaraki had gone to Overhaul, and it was clear that he wanted more from The League of Villains than Shigaraki should have allowed. To Kobura's surprise, Kai Chisaki requested Twice, Toga, and himself as recruits for whatever the Shie Hassaiki were planning. From the irritation in Shigaraki's voice when he'd described the encounter, he was against the entirety of the idea, but he was well aware of the benefits of working with him. Kobura might have said something against it, if working with Overhaul didn't directly play into his hands. Working with Overhaul gave Kobura the opportunity for vengeance and would allow Kobura more time with Sweet Anna. If all Kobura had to do was become a Yakuza member for a short period of time, he'd do it for her.

Kobura took another sip of his orange juice, thankful he'd chosen to sit in the back of the small café, considering the aggravation bleeding into his expression. Kobura rolled out his shoulders, noticing the small twinge of pain in his upper back. He began smiling to himself, thinking of how rough Anna had been with him at their last encounter. She was growing brazen. The less control he had over Sweet Anna, the more he admired her.

Rage swelled in Kobura's chest, when his sweet reveries were suddenly interrupted by the memory of the brute holding Sweet Anna's hand. Katsuki Bakugo, the more attractive one of his rivals hadn't seemed that much of a threat to Kobura. But, after watching him with Sweet Anna at the park from afar, Kobura realized he underestimated the boy. Like a childish schoolboy, Kobura had attempted fruitlessly to ruin the afternoon for them, going as far as knocking into the hothead and attempting to crush him with a tree, neither of which actually doing anything to deter Sweet Anna from making the most of it.

Kobura clenched the glass of juice in his hands, until it cracked. He hissed sharply. It shouldn't matter who Sweet Anna was with. Kobura knew who she truly belonged with. She would come running into Kobura's arms when she was ready. Still, it didn't mean that his skin didn't boil when he witnessed her lying to herself and getting close to those U.A. fools.

Kobura set the cracked glass on a nearby napkin, adjusting his laptop screen to get a better look at the U.A. school records. Sweet Anna had somehow broken her arm. From the notations, it appeared unintentional. It wasn't even from a battle, which meant that Anna had done it to herself, her quirk had done it. Kobura narrowed his eyes, opening another window and slipping past Endeavor's Agency firewalls. All was going according to plan. Endeavor had taken up the call to assist Sir Nighteye because he would not openly be involved. As indirect as Endeavor's little sidekick, Heart of Hearts, would most likely be to the battle, Kobura intended to drag them to it naturally. Sweet Anna would be within arms' reach again, and he'd have plenty of time to spend with her.

Kobura's attention snapped up to the waitress that thought she'd snuck up on him. She leaned too far forward in her revealing maid outfit. The only reason Kobura came to this place was because all the girls wore gloves, making it less likely his quirk would infect them by accident. Aside from that, they had the best orange juice and citrus teacakes he could find in the area. The waitress placed the small plate of teacakes Kobura had ordered on the table heavily, as if to purposefully make noise. Kobura didn't flinch, his gaze shifting back to his work.

"Oh my, was there a chip in your cup?" the young woman asked.

"It was me. I'll pay for it," Kobura mumbled in disinterest. He started to look up some nearby bakeries that he may be able to bring Anna to. Once the teacakes were in front of him, he thought of how selfish he was not to get her any. She loved sweets, chocolate particularly. If he couldn't take her to a bakery, then at the very least he could pick her up something. Kobura knew from experience, the maid café didn't have a lot of chocolate sweets, which was a pity since it was one of his favorite places. He liked that the only attention he got was from the waitresses themselves and most would get the hint, when he'd act coldly toward them. Unfortunately for Kobura, his regular disinterested maid wasn't serving that day.