Think: Chapter Eighty-Three: Kobura's Dream Date

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Chapter Eighty-Three: Kobura's Dream Date

Kobura tightened his grip around you with his whole body trembling furiously. "I will slit every one of their throats for this. I have no mercy for those that would harm my Sweet Anna."

You peered up at him, shaking your head, despite how badly you've been quaking yourself. "Don't," you said with a quivering voice.

Kobura took your chin in his hands, tilting it gently back. He ran his thumb across your bruised cheek, making you wince again. "Let me make them regret they ever laid their hands on you," he said softly, leaning toward you. His lips were so close to you that his snakebite piercings nearly brushed your skin.

"No, please don't," you said, but your voice's strength had dissolved. Your attention moved down to his clothes, realizing he was in a full uniform for Okamoto High School. "What are you doing here?" you repeated your earlier question.

The rage that had burned behind his eyes dissipated. Guilt forced his gaze away from you. "I'm sorry I didn't find out what had happened sooner, but I'm here now. It's my fault you're here. I didn't stop Emoticon's transmission in time. I would have never thought she would have done something like that even in her death. He pulled at his dark brown uniform. "It's not particularly my color, but it's what I had to wear in order to blend in here. You're looking at an official Okamoto second year." He shrugged, grinning with his glinting fangs. "I was held back for delinquent behavior. Well, not really me, but student Ikuo Abe was." He smiled even wider. "That means we get to be at school together." He gave your arms a light squeeze.

"You can do that? Won't they find out who you really are?" you asked.

Kobura waved his hand dismissively. "The reason I couldn't find you faster was because their systems are ancient. You hadn't been uploaded into the school until about a day ago. As you've been radio silent on all of your social media platforms it was nearly impossible to track you down. I had an inkling from U.A. systems, but it wasn't enough. This place doesn't even have a security guard anymore. He was fired two months ago. I'm almost certain security is not their priority. They won't even notice I'm here."

You didn't know what emotion to feel. You were happy that you no longer felt alone, but you were fearful by his appearance that things might somehow worsen. He was older than you, and by this school's standards, he'd have all the girls drooling over him the second that they saw him.

Kobura leaned down closer to your face, and you squeaked in surprise at his proximity. "Are you not happy that I'm here, Sweet Anna?"

"I..." You didn't know what more to say. Your shoulders slowly relaxed. His very presence gave you some semblance of comfort. "I'm glad to see you." You blushed deeply.

Kobura's eyes widened, and the corner of his lip twitched upward. His face reddened. "You're glad?"

"It's miserable here," you admitted. "I'm relieved to see you."

"I'll take it," Kobura said. He ran his hand through his white hair. "So, you're headed home, right? I'll escort you." Kobura gripped your hand, leading the way.

Five minutes into the journey you realized he wasn't taking you home. You stopped, feeling your chest tighten. Why did you follow him so easily?

"This isn't the way to my house," you said.

"I know," he said.

"Where are you taking me?" you asked, swallowing dryly. You began to tremble.

Kobura shook his head, furrowing his eyebrows. "There's no reason to be afraid of me, Sweet Anna. I wouldn't do something to hurt you. I would never purposefully put you in danger either." He rubbed the back of your hand with his thumb. "Your parents won't be back until late, right? I thought we could go somewhere to take your mind off things for a bit. If you don't want to, I can take you straight home."