Think: Chapter Forty-Six: A Picture Unveils a Thousand Nightmares

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Warnings: This work contains mild language, blood, and violence. If you are easily triggered by violent scenarios, please do not read this chapter.

Chapter Forty-Six: A Picture Unveils a Thousand Nightmares

"The reporter will be here shortly. Please act as natural as possible. I was told that they are only here to observe how lives in the dorms are progressing." Mr. Aizawa had been attempting to wrangle Class 1-A for a majority of the morning. He'd finally gotten them all to quiet down, after reiterating several times that you were all to behave and act responsibly while a reporter was visiting campus. He was going to do a feature on your class in the newspaper.

A heaviness filled your stomach. Nausea overtook you, hearing that a reporter would be roaming around campus. After being briefed about Taneo Tokuda, you were shaking. You shut your eyes, while you were positioned in the back of the room, raising a single trembling hand.

"Yes, Kokoro?" Aizawa asked.

You heard the class shift in your direction, but you attempted to keep yourself composed. You gulped. "Is there an option not to participate?" you asked.

When you opened your eyes, Mr. Aizawa had raised an eyebrow, clearly confused. "UA has only given Mr. Tokuda permission to observe your class, nothing more. He may ask a few questions, but you are not obligated to answer them. He may also take a picture of you. Do you have any particular concerns?"

Your mouth went dry, unable to get out what you wanted to say directly. Yes, you had concerns. You didn't want your picture taken by the press. Unfortunately, at the same time you had these concerns, you realized that being a Pro Hero meant that you would have to get your picture taken a lot. If you were going to save lives, you'd have to get used to having photos taken of you. It was a necessity in the Pro Hero world. Your past experiences with pictures weren't exactly warm and fuzzy, between the threats and the near kissing scandal, so you weren't exactly keen on a reporter poking his nose into your personal life, nor allowing him to take photographs of you. With everyone staring at you, all you wanted was to get out the situation you brought upon yourself as quickly as possible. You had to suck it up if you wanted to become a Pro Hero.

"Never mind," you said in a small voice.

Mr. Aizawa went to press you further, but the reporter had already languidly began to walk in. A smile was spread across his long face. He had medium wavy hair, glasses, blue eyes, and his pupils were strange, one was white and one was black. You adjusted your glasses to make sure that you had observed his characteristics correctly.

"You were supposed to wait until I informed the students," Mr. Aizawa stated dryly.

"Principle Nezu indicated that I had from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.. Is my watch incorrect?" Tokuda asked in a warm voice.

Once the reporter had started talking, you'd completely lost yourself in worry. Nothing seemed to register as he spoke. You hated this. You didn't want to be here. Your eyes trained on the lens of his camera that hung loosely over his thin shoulders. A buzzing sound vibrated in the back of your skull.

Shinso nudged you, and your clouded mind cleared. You peered up at him, dazed.

"Kitten..." he murmured. His expression soured. "...are you going to be okay?" he asked. "You seem uncomfortable."

"I...I'm surprised that they want to do an article on us. It seems strange doesn't it?" you laughed nervously.

Shinso shrugged. "I'm not that fond of people who make a quick buck off of a story without getting all the facts first. I'm not sure if this is what this guy is going to do, but I'm not exactly elated that they're doing a story on us."