Think: Chapter Seventy-Two: Promising Candy Apple Smiles

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Chapter Seventy-Two: Promising Candy Apple Smiles

You were late. Eri had requested to see you, Midoriya, and Mirio. As guests hadn't been allowed to visit her in the hospital, considering her quirk had been temperamental, you were surprised that she had specifically asked to see the three of you. Aizawa was adamant that you showed up, and you wanted to, but as you were rushing to the meeting space, you realized you were not going to make it on time. You tripped over your own feet as you came around the corner. The car was in sight, but you tumbled.

"No! No! No!" you shouted, bracing for impact. A rush of wind and a flash of green sent your hair rushing back.

"Woah, are you okay?" Midoriya asked.

You were thankful to feel his arms around you. He steadied you back on your feet, before sighing in relief.

"Thank you, Midoriya. I wasn't paying attention." You sucked in several breaths of air to try and catch up with your lungs.

You smiled sheepishly, making eye-contact with Mirio who was only a step behind Deku. Mirio looked...disappointed? He had turned his gaze down to his hands, which were holding a gift basket full of fruits, but when he saw you looking at him, he replaced that dismal expression with a bright smile.

"You're late," Aizawa said.

"Sorry," you apologized, bowing over and over again. "There's no excuse. I lost track of time."

Aizawa gave you a once over. He sighed, turning back to the car. "Let's just go."

You really did feel bad for showing up late. You did lose track of time, but you also got lost getting there. You should have taken Midoriya's offer to go with you, but you still had a lot of things to catch up on for the classes you missed. You hung your head low, clambering into the car after Mirio. Midoriya sat in the front seat. The ride to the hospital was a short one, silent. You half-expected Aizawa to lecture you on the way there, but he didn't.

When you reached Eri's room, Mr. Aizawa held you back behind Mirio and Midoriya. They entered the room, while he regarded you with his tired eyes.

"Are you certain that you'll be okay with this? I know you went through a lot that day, and I know exactly what you went through to do your part in rescuing her. Eri is stable, but I wanted to make sure that you felt in control," Mr. Aizawa stated frankly. "I don't want something to trigger you unintentionally."

You glanced in the direction of the door, feeling guilty that he would need to check up on you at all. It was not just for your safety, but also for Eri's. Hearing Mirio and Midoriya's cheerful voices in the room, made your stomach twist into knots. You didn't even know why Eri had requested you to come. It wasn't like you had that much of a part in her physical rescue. You'd done so much behind the scenes, but just knowing that she's safe, in good hands, was enough for you. You clenched your fists at your sides, biting into your lip.

"Could the sparkly girl make it? I wanted to thank her too."

Your eyes widened. You barely heard Eri's voice from the room, but she was clearly talking about you. A tear streamed down your face, and you wiped it away frantically, forming a stiff-upper lip.

"Ah, yeah! She should be just outside. I can go get her for you," Midoriya said from the room. Just as Midoriya's mess of green hair popped around the corner, you leveled your gaze with Mr. Aizawa.

"I'm in control," you assured Aizawa, standing up straight. "I'd really like to see her if I can."

Mr. Aizawa nodded, stepping back to allow you to walk by him. Midoriya looked confused at first, but then he smiled as he saw you heading toward him. Deku put a reassuring hand on your shoulder as he guided you in.