Think: Chapter Seventy-Four: Doku Kobura: Emiyoku

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Disclaimer: The following is a work of fan fiction using characters and settings from My Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia created by Kohei Horikoshi. I do not claim any ownership of characters present in this piece that are owned and created by Kohei Horikoshi. I do not own My Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia.

Any references to historical events, real people, or real locales are used fictitiously. Other names, characters, places, and incidents are the product of the author's imagination, and any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead is entirely coincidental.

Warnings: This work contains mild language, blood, and violence. If you are easily triggered by violent scenarios, please do not read this chapter.

Please be aware this chapter is in third-person perspective, following my original character, BioVirus, Doku Kobura, who is a villain currently a part of The League of Villains.

Chapter Seventy-Four: Doku Kobura: Emiyoku

Doku Kobura scrolled through his phone, sighing dramatically as he passed by Sweet Anna's name for the fifth time. He wanted to call her, to text her as him. There was an unbelievable realness to it, speaking to her; a connection had been made between him and Anna since he stopped pretending to be the people she knew and started being himself. But, the last time he reached out, she declined answering. He needed to give her time. He knew that, but it didn't make it any easier to wait.

Kobura placed his phone screen down onto the white-linen table. Since the destruction of his favorite maid café, Kobura needed a new place to blend in and get his citrus fix. It had been a habit of his to get out of his apartment room. He was more than comfortable becoming the villain hermit, but he knew isolation wasn't good for his head. Thoughts not only overwhelmed him but also became a distraction. Kobura also tried to build up his social skills when he could, as much as it drained him. He'd always found his ability to communicate a vital skill as a villain.

"Would you like another citrus tea, Master?" one of the butlers asked.

Kobura nodded, spinning a small teacake fork between his dexterous fingers. He preferred them not to refer to him as "Master," but it would be more trouble than it was worth to explain why, considering he'd chosen a butler café of all things, and it was part of the overall experience. Kobura had replaced his lovely maid café with a butler café. The men all wore gloves, and even though some patrons ogled Kobura, most were too shy to approach. Besides, there were plenty of attractive butlers serving the guests, so it brought less attention on him. He liked it that way. His small interactions with the staff were more than enough for his liking. Although this establishment's citrus cakes were inferior to the ones at the old café he frequented, this place had tasty mini-lemon-meringue pies. No orange juice though. It was a shame really.

The butler-dressed waiter returned, pouring Kobura some fresh tea. The man's eyes scanned over Kobura curiously.

"Something troubling you, Master?" He steadied his dark mysterious gaze on Kobura.

Kobura straightened in his chair, raising an eyebrow. He narrowed his eyes, covering his mouth with his fingers laced in front of his lips. "Love," Kobura stated plainly. It was a simple enough answer, one that was truthful.

"Why would that be troubling for an attractive young man like you?" The butler collected a dirtied plate, delicately placing a cloth over his extended arm, and removing his eyes from Kobura.

Kobura frowned. Attractive? Sure, his outward appearance had always been perceived as attractive. If only people knew how monstrous he was on the inside, they'd leave him be. Appearance never truly affected the outcome of love, did it? It didn't matter to Sweet Anna how handsome he was, how appealing. She cared more for whom he was. It's what made her so uneasy about their relationship together. But, recently, who he was had given him some leverage, gotten him closer to Sweet Anna.