Think: Chapter Seventy-Seven: Emiyo Miya: Feel Haunted

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Disclaimer: The following is a work of fan fiction using characters and settings from My Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia created by Kohei Horikoshi. I do not claim any ownership of characters present in this piece that are owned and created by Kohei Horikoshi. I do not own My Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia.

Any references to historical events, real people, or real locales are used fictitiously. Other names, characters, places, and incidents are the product of the author's imagination, and any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead is entirely coincidental.

Warnings: This work contains mild language, blood, and violence.

Please be aware this chapter is in third-person perspective, following my original character, Emoticon, Emiyo Miya, who is a villain.

Chapter Seventy-Seven: Emiyo Miya: Feel Haunted

Emiyo Miya sat outside in a dark corner of the school building, eating a single rice ball she'd brought for lunch. She tried her best to appear invisible in her middle school days, hoping that she would be ignored rather than bullied for her quirk. This was her lunch spot. A place where no one would bother her. Being out of sight, meant you were out of mind. At least that was what it was supposed to do.

She'd set her phone against a small rock, watching people enter in and out of her live stream. Every once in a while, someone would talk to her, making her smile brighten. It was easier to talk to people online. They didn't know about her quirk, and even if they did, she couldn't affect them with it. It made it easier to talk freely.

Emiyo gulped down the last of her lunch, and her stomach growled. She always wanted to eat more, but she needed to keep thin for the few fans that she had. She was scared that they might look down on her. If her FlikFlok fans saw that she wasn't taking her role seriously, she might just lose them. She adored the compliments on her figure, her outfits. The more attention she received, the more validation she got for her very existence. It wasn't like her classmates gave her the time of day. As Emoticon, she could be a star, or at least that's what she thought the username would make her. Right now, she only had about one hundred followers, but one day she'd have thousands of new friends and followers.

"There you are Feeling Freak!" Atsuko shouted from across the school grounds. She'd been Emiyo's self-pronounced bully since Elementary school. Her silken black hair was always perfectly tied back in a braid, and her mom let her wear sparkly lip gloss to school.

"S-sorry, I'll talk to you all later," Emiyo whispered quickly into the phone camera. She frantically shut off her live to keep up her online persona, but there was a good chance her followers had already heard Atsuko. It hadn't been the first time Atsuko had interrupted a livestream either.

Atsuko had enough time to reach Emiyo, before she could hide her phone away. Atsuko stomped on Emiyo's phone along with the hand that was holding it. Emiyo cried out in surprised pain.

"W-why would you do that?" Emiyo asked. "M-my phone is important to me."

"You're lucky I didn't break your face, you skank! I heard that you bewitched my boyfriend with your stupid quirk, and he broke up with me!" Atsuko accused loudly.

Atsuko's normal girl group was with her. Two shorter girls that always stood in Atsuko's shadow. They'd cut their hair, wore clothes, and put on shiny lip balm just like her. Of course, they couldn't wear the sparkly kind. Only Atsuko was allowed to wear the glittery kind. They were now looking at Emiyo as if she was a stain on the earth that needed removal.