Think: Chapter Twenty-Four: Are You Scared?

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Disclaimer: The following is a work of fan fiction using characters and settings from My Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia created by Kohei Horikoshi. I do not claim any ownership of characters present in this piece that are owned and created by Kohei Horikoshi. I do not own My Hero Academima/Boku no Hero Academia.

Any references to historical events, real people, or real locales are used fictitiously. Other names, characters, places, and incidents are the product of the author's imagination, and any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead is entirely coincidental.

Warnings: This work contains mild language, blood, and violence. If you are easily triggered by violent scenarios, please do not read this chapter.

Chapter Twenty-Four: Are You Scared?

You squeaked, despite yourself, watching the first team head in. You hadn't answered Shinso's question yet, refraining from admitting that you were terrified to essentially be walking into a spooky forest. Your knees were quaking, as you edged further and further away from the line of people.

"Are you scared?" Shinso whispered, trying to bring up the question again.

You covered your face in your hands, shivering. "I-I don't do this kind of thing normally. I don't like anything that could be considered horror. I also don't like the dark."

Shinso chuckled. "It's just other students trying to scare us. It won't be that bad."

"You say that now..." you trailed off. Abruptly, you heard a scream coming from the woods. "I-I can't do this."

"You're telling me that my Kitten is a scaredy-cat?" he asked, leaning over you.

"Y-yes," you murmured.

Shinso's hand went to the small of your back, and he bent down so his lips were only inches away from your ear. "Then it's a good thing you're partners with me. I'm not scared of anything."

You blushed hard. He led you back in line with your eyes still covered. As each group went, resounding screams echoed out of the darkness. Soon it was your turn to go, and your legs felt as if they were frozen to the spot.

"It's your turn," Pixie-Bob said again.

You didn't move. You were shaking from your head to your toes.

"It's okay," Shinso whispered. "You can do this. I'm right here."

Once his hand was on you again, you walked forward with a small nudge to your back. Maybe if you passed out, you could avoid going altogether. You continued to walk forward, unfortunately not brave enough to fake unconsciousness.

"You're going to bump into something if you don't uncover your eyes," Shinso said, shortly after you'd gone deeper into the forest.

"As long as I don't s-see anything scary, I don't care," you said.

Shinso chuckled again. He stopped, forcing you to do the same. You peered out between your fingers up at him. He was holding his hand out to you. "Will holding my hand make you feel any better?" he asked. He was clearly blushing, but he didn't take back his offer.

You reached out your trembling fingers and grabbed his hand, squeezing it tightly. He took a few steps forward again with you following closely while holding his hand. That was until another unearthly scream made you freeze. Shinso tugged on your hand to encourage you to move, but this time you weren't so easily swayed. Small tears brushed your vision as you peered forward into the darkness. Shinso sighed. He suddenly reached down, lifting you up into a princess carry and plunging into the trees beside the horseshoe path, away from where you were supposed to be heading.