Think: Chapter Forty-Three: Beneath the Blame

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Chapter Forty-Three: Beneath the Blame

What happened to All Might is all my fault! Bakugo's mental shout woke you up.

As soon as you breathed in the cold night air, you knew that you were standing outside. Your fingers were pressed around your skull, like you were trying to keep the voices out of your head while you were sleepwalking. Your breath came out in labored puffs of condensed air, as if you'd been running in the dead of night for hours. Your eyes adjusted, and you finally noticed a pressure around your middle. You looked down to see a binding cloth wrapped around your waist. You turned back, nearly jumping out of your skin when you caught Mr. Aizawa staring at you.

"Good, you're finally awake," he stated flatly, undoing the binds from you. He rubbed his temple, sighing deeply.

"I'm sorry, sir."

"Sorry?" he asked. He raised an eyebrow at you, shoving his hands in his pockets. "So, you meant to walk out here in the dead of night?" He smirked a little when he watched you get flustered. "I know you didn't wander out here on purpose." He raised a hand, frowning.

"I didn't mean to cause you trouble."

"You didn't."

It was your turn to be confused. "That's why you're out here, isn't it? Because of me?" you asked. "You're alright to go back to your room. I'll go back inside. I must have had another nightmare or something. It shouldn't happen again."

"It's fine. I wasn't out here for you." Aizawa stiffened, as if realizing he'd already given you too much information. You could tell from the dark circles under his eyes that he wasn't as alert as normal. You could also tell by a slight twitch in his eyelid that he was annoyed by something.

"If you're not here for me, then who are you here for?" You turned your gaze back toward where you were headed in your sleep, answering your own question after things clicked into place. "I-Is Bakugo, okay?" you asked.

"Did you see him leave the dorms?" Mr. Aizawa asked.

"No. I just...I heard him."

"You heard him, and you didn't stop him? You know that it's past curfew."

When you didn't answer right away, Mr. Aizawa approached you from behind. He paused, not saying anything. It was almost like he was looking in the same direction that you were, so he could see what you did.

"He was shouting in his own head," you said. "I must have picked up on it, just at the end of sleep. He sounded like he was in pain." You shivered.

Mr. Aizawa let out a heavy breath. He hesitated before opening his mouth again. "Midoriya and Bakugo were spotted at Ground Beta. They snuck out, and I was called to stop it."

You snapped your head back toward Mr. Aizawa. "T-then why aren't you stopping them?" you asked. "They could be fighting or..." you trailed off, seeing the tired look that shadowed Mr. Aizawa's expression.

"All Might asked to handle it, and I have a strong idea why." Mr. Aizawa scanned you over. "Have you noticed Bakugo acting differently since the two of you were rescued?"

You wanted to tell Mr. Aizawa exactly how Bakugo was acting. You knew he hadn't been himself since your return, but neither have you.

"I'll take your silence as a yes," Mr. Aizawa said. He rubbed the back of his neck. "Come with me."

"N-not back to the dorms?" you asked.

"No. This should have been discussed far earlier than this. You and Bakugo have been neglected long enough."