Think: A Mind-Bending Ending

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Warnings: This work contains mild language, blood, and violence.

(Ending 2 of 8)

A Mind-Bending Ending

You reacted to All for One's words as if it had lit a fire in you. You were going to be a hero. No matter what you faced, you wanted to become a hero. Everything you had sacrificed would not end here.

You spread out your fingers, wielding your quirk with gentle control. A twinge of pain hit your temple, but you held firm on a mind shield to protect yourself. You whipped out a strand of your mind, and All for One formed reflective bubble of his own, knocking the attack away from him.

"Foolish child. You can't defeat me," All for One said. He lifted Shigaraki's hand like a puppet on strings. He blasted you, and the yellow energy cracked against your mind shield.

You didn't even flinch. You took a step forward, and another blast hit your shield, then another, then another. You sent a metal projectile in his direction, and he deflected it, nearly smacking Spinner with the ricocheting support item. You caught it back with your mind, whipping it toward All for One's back. He blocked it again. He unleashed dark energy spikes from his fingertips, and they clipped through your mind shield like the head of an arrow. You gasped, seeing how close it had come to your chest.

"It's unwise to tempt fate. I see you've chosen the wrong decision," All for One said. "Prepare to lose your life. At least you will have the luxury of knowing when you'll perish."

Another blast of energy cracked against your shield. Another spike lodged into your mental shield, and a small visible blue crack started forming in the shell. You clenched your teeth, raising both your hands and lifting every color projectile in your arsenal. If Shigaraki's body had been weakened, All for One shouldn't be able to deflect them all at once; however, an attack like this might leave you vulnerable to taking physical damage. You weren't certain you could keep your mind shield up, but you'd trained for this. You would try.

Two wrecking balls, filled with their weighted gunk, became solid after you triggered their internal mechanism. The strain of holding them weakened your shield. You grabbed the smaller spherical bullets with your mind, whisking them around you to pick up speed. You watched All for One's stance change. His attention shifted to the multiple moving elements. You knew he was calculating, knew he had far more experience than you did.

Gigantomachia's body rumbled. Multiple heavy footfalls sounded behind you. The Nomus were coming, heading to their master's call. You didn't have time to hesitate, to debate if this would be too much strain on your defense. It was your only chance to stop him. You struck, sending a mind blast rippling behind your multiple missile attack. With adept precision, he deflected each object in its turn, despite your best attempts to try to make each one of the projectiles hit him at all angles. As he deflected them, they seemed to completely detach from your mind's control, disconnecting from being attached to your quirk as he sent them flying beyond your range.

The mind blast hit All for One the hardest, sending him skidding back even with the yellow shield in front of him, but that too was reflected, crashing into your mind shield like a snowplow. He held one hand out in front and one in the back to keep himself steady. You gritted your teeth, keeping your mind shield focused at the front to take on the blast you'd overzealously shot out at him. You winced as the blue fracture widened in your shield. You tried to hold it.

All for One sent a rippling radio wave at you next, and it hit your mind quirk like a sledgehammer. You held back the agonizing scream in your throat, worried that this would make you lose all focus. You needed to keep your attention on the frontal shield, or he'd knock you straight off your feet.