Think: Chapter Fifty-Four: A Day in Shinso's Shoes

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Chapter Fifty-Four: A Day in Shinso's Shoes

By the time Heart of Hearts finished up at the precinct, it was late. The two of you entered the hospital. You forgot briefly about your appearance. It caused some heads to turn. Heart of Hearts wasn't oblivious to it.

"It might be a good idea for you to clean yourself up in the bathroom," Heart of Hearts whispered over to you.

You broke off from Heart of Hearts. When you walked into the bathroom, you actually caught sight of how much of a mess you were in the mirror, and you nearly didn't recognize yourself. Crusty streaks of dirt and blood crossed over your powdery skin. You ran the sink, collecting paper towels in your hands. As you wiped your face free of grime, you were able to wash away the clearly visible tear streaks. Your hands paused over your lips, remembering the kiss that Shinso and you had shared. He'd used his quirk on you to protect you. Why was he always doing that? Why was he always saving you?

With quivering hands, you finished removing the remnants of night from your skin. You rushed from the bathroom, nearly colliding with Heart of Hearts on the way out. She grabbed a hold of you before you fell from impact.

"I managed to get us in. It's obviously not visiting hours, so they had to make an exception," she said.

You nodded slowly in understanding. You followed close behind Heart of Hearts whose confidence radiated from her. She knocked on Shinso's door quietly, and there was more of a groan of a response. The two of you entered the room.

Shinso shot up from his place as soon as he laid eyes on you. "Kitt—" he stopped himself, remembering his mentor was standing right there. He suddenly cringed, his hand going up to his head. His eyes darted between the two of you, before he settled back.

"How are you feeling?" you asked.

Shinso turned his gaze from yours. "I'm fine. I'm just glad you're looking better. I was worried..." Something must have clicked in his head because his eyes flashed back on Heart of Hearts. "Wait. What are you doing with Hearts?"

"This one was in quite a bit of trouble with the police. Long story short, I managed to get her to work with us, rather than be arrested."

Shinso winced again, eyebrows furrowing. "I know how much working with Fat Gum meant to you. I'm sorry I couldn't have gotten there sooner," he muttered under his breath.

Heart of Hearts pouted, crossing her arms over her chest. "Well, she's with us now. You know I care about Fat Gum, but I can't help but think I failed as a representative, when he was chosen over me. I didn't realize working with me was so bad." She turned her back on Shinso.

"You know I didn't mean that," Shinso said. "Kitt—I mean Think always talked about Fat Gum so highly. You're a great mentor. It's just...it would hurt me too for something like that to happen."

"You shouldn't be worrying about me right now," you said, approaching his bed. Your fingers naturally intertwined with his. "It wasn't fair of you to use your quirk to take on my quirk's burden by yourself. You don't deserve to be in here."

He squeezed your hand. "I'll take the headache over you being in so much pain like that," he said. Shinso's violet eyes scanned over you. "It would kill me to see you in a hospital bed again."

Your face flushed. Heart of Hearts cleared her throat, and your fingers left Shinso's. When your gaze moved back to her, she was halfway out the door.

"You know. I'm pretty hungry. I'm going to see if there's a snack machine out in the hallway. I'll be back. You kids better not get up to anything while I'm gone."