Think: Chapter Twenty-Three: Lifting Boulders and Minding Cuts

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Chapter Twenty-Three: Lifting Boulders and Minding Cuts

"Welcome to morning training camp," Mr. Aizawa said in a steady tone. "Today, we will be pushing your quirks to their limit, ultimately to have them improve, a lot like exercising a muscle. As you can see by how Bakugo's throw had not improved much from his first day at UA, we haven't focused solely on exercising each of your quirks, which we intend to do while here at camp."

You had to cringe, feeling the heat of anger flowing off of Bakugo. He was so mad that he was used to demonstrate his less than impressive throw in contrast to his first day at UA when you'd all arrived that morning. Seething might have been the appropriate word to describe him. His shoulders were hunched up, nearly touching his ears, and he was looking at his hands like he wanted to rip them off.

"We intend to get a whole semester's worth of training done here, so don't expect to hold back or take it easy. As the Wild, Wild Pussycats had told you yesterday, you will also be making your own meals from now on, so if you intend to eat later, I encourage you not to break all of your bones." Mr. Aizawa gave Midoriya a look.

Midoriya glanced away, nodding guiltily as a response. After all of your classmates were instructed to separate, Mr. Aizawa turned to you and Shinso last.

"It's going to be a little trickier for the two of you," he said. "I could have Kokoro use her quirk to lift heavier and heavier objects, but I don't feel that that's where her ultimate limitations lie, and as Shinso's quirk relies on brainwashing, he will need to work with a partner."

You and Shinso exchanged a look, encouraging a sigh from Aizawa.

"Based on your response to this, I assume the two of you have already been practicing with each other." He narrowed his eyes at you. "As I'm glad that you were practicing to hone your quirks, you should have both realized how dangerous that could have been."

"Sorry, sir," you apologized.

Aizawa rolled his eyes. "This could make things a bit more difficult then. You both need someone to work on your quirks with." Mr. Aizawa's gaze went over the training students. "You'll need to do it without taking away from everyone's personal training. Working with each other when you're used to it, will not give you the results that you need."

"That's precisely why we are here," a large cat-dressed man announced.

You nearly squeaked, seeing how large he was, taking a tentative step away from him.

"I will work with the boy," he said, placing a meaty hand on Shinso's shoulder.

Shinso bristled but stood firm, looking a bit nervous.

"He can both use his quirk on me and work on his strength training. It should not interrupt what I am doing with Midoriya as well as with others that have strength quirks."

"That was precisely my thinking, Tiger," Aizawa said. "Shinso, you will not only being strengthening your muscles but your quirk. Although you will be performing brainwashing, every time that you successfully make your opponent perform an act, you must immediately release. Forcing your quirk on and off should provide you with better control."

The large man began dragging Shinso away toward Midoriya, and you waved nervously after him.

"As for you." Mr. Aizawa's intense gaze landed on you again.

You straightened your posture, ready to hear what he had to say.

"We are going to work on your multitasking and strength with your quirk. I've given it quite a bit of thought." Mr. Aizawa motioned for you to follow him, losing yourselves in the forest, until you came upon a stretch of boulders and loose rocks farther away from the other students. "The Wild, Wild Pussycats will keep an eye on the rest of your classmates, while I'll be keeping an eye on you. I understand by forcing your focus on more than one activity at a time with your quirk could forcibly make you lose control, so I believe it's in my best interest to keep my eye on you, should this result in a disaster."