Think: A Quirkless Ending

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Warnings: This work contains mild language and violence.

(Ending 7 of 8)

A Quirkless Ending

"You're shaking so badly, child. Allow me to take your worries away. It's this quirk of yours, isn't it? Is it too much pressure for you?" All for One said, his voice growling out from Shigaraki's chapped lips.

"N-no," you stuttered out, getting into a defensive stance. "You won't take my quirk from me. Not before I stop you."

"You can barely keep standing. What makes you think you can fight me, Anna Kokoro?" All for One pushed. "You were too afraid to do anything when I swatted your friends away like flies. What's changed?"

He was right. You were terrified, almost too petrified to move. You went to move and a stream of energy came forth from his fingertips. Your breath caught in your throat as you had barely caught the barbs in suspended air with your quirk. Two in front and three behind. All for One chuckled out of Shigaraki's body.

"Ah, you might be more of a challenge than I anticipated. Let's see how long your quirk can last against me, shall we?" he asked.

All for One retracted the spears of energy, sending out a radio shockwave that rattled your mind. You hissed out in pain, staggering back. All for One took the opportunity to send a blast of yellow energy at you, and you stopped it just short of sending you clear off of Gigantomachia's back.

"Interesting." All for One got closer and closer, as you fought off attack after attack.

You gasped as your found yourself inches from Shigaraki, his hand reaching out toward your face. Exhausted and overexerted from shielding from an onslaught of attacks, there was nothing left of your quirk to use, nothing that you could bring forth to force him away.

"Don't be frightened. Your quirk will be used for something greater," All for One stated. He grabbed your face, and you clawed at his fingers.

Red energy pulsed, ripped, and sucked at your mind. Your quirk was being pulled from you, taken. Seconds. It took seconds. You shivered as it was finally disconnected from you. Your eyes rolled back up into your head.

...

You jolted upright, grabbing for anything to stabilize you. The cleanly smell of antiseptic hit your nose first. The white walls made your stomach churn. Hospital. You were in the hospital.

It was quiet. It was so quiet, eerily quiet. Your fingers trembled as they reached for your head. You didn't feel it. You didn't feel your quirk there anymore. The distant buzz was gone, the constant need to ensure that you weren't reading someone's mind was gone.

You resisted the urge to rip out your IV. Instead, you stood up from your hospital cot, pulling the equipment attached to you weakly with you. You peered out into the hallway, hearing murmuring voices come from the next room over.

Your eyes widened when you saw a purple silhouette exit one of the neighboring rooms. Shinso's violet gaze met yours. He blinked at you once or twice, disbelief clear in his expression, then he rushed to you. His arms were around you before you could speak.

"I thought he had killed you," he choked out. "I thought I had lost you forever."

You hugged him back, as clunky as it was to do so attached to so much equipment. You were shaking. Tears pooled in your eyes.

"What happened?" you asked, but you already knew.

Shinso's embrace tightened. "I think you'll need to sit down first."