Think: Chapter Ninety-Two: Evacuation and Evolution

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Warnings: This work contains mild language, blood, and violence.

Chapter Ninety-Two: Evacuation and Evolution

There was a short debate about you in particular, regarding your involvement with the team of hero course students that became part of the frontal charge toward the Paranormal Liberation Building. According to Hearts, your name had been brought up during the tactics meeting, but they found your quirk to better support rescue efforts. Even if you could take out an expanse of villains in one strike, your ability to locate people using your mind, would allow evacuation efforts to go more smoothly, or at least, that's what you'd been told. You were lucky that Heart of Hearts hadn't asked your feelings on the matter because you might have spilled your worries all out at once.

Your quirk had been a hot mess. The few times you'd read minds by accident became more than just an occasional occurrence. It had gotten to the point you were ready to tell Recovery Girl or even Mr. Aizawa. You were embarrassed. It took some focus, but usually minimal control to keep from reading a mind by accident. That was, of course, excluding emotional or distressing situations. But, these bouts of mindreading kept happening so randomly that you almost believed it was a curse instead of a quirk malfunction. You worried if you said anything that it might be more serious than you thought it was. You regretted keeping it a secret now, as the hundred plus heroes around you were chatting away, internally and externally.

You discreetly covered your ears, trying to keep your quirk from reaching out to the multitude of thoughts jumping around. The group of you stood at the edge of a cliff, overlooking Japan. The height scared you less than the onslaught of thoughts hovering about you. This group consisted of a high volume of young heroes from your class, including Deku, Bakugo, Shoto, Shinso, and Ochaco. Heart of Hearts and Burnin' were two of the Pro Hero sidekicks from Endeavor Agency taking point of this overtly large group of superpowered individuals.

Why do they need so many Pro Heroes for this?

Wow, that Pro Hero has such a cool costume!

I should have brought extra snacks if this was going to take so long.

I wonder if I can get his autograph.

The thoughts streamed in without you acknowledging them much. Your fingers tensed around your ears. The amount of incoming thoughts was abnormal even to your quirk's most recent malfunctions. It might have just been worse because there were so many people around, and you were a little nervous about the mission.

Shinso nudged you with his elbow.

"Too loud?" he asked softly.

You nodded, worried he might figure out what you were going through with a single look. Surprisingly, he didn't ask you another question, instead he cupped his own hands around yours, helping keep out the "sound."

The relief his warmth brought, nearly made you melt into him. The thoughts stopped. You didn't know if it was because of Shinso's close proximity or just the fact he made an effort to support you. You sighed, basking in the silence. A chuckle vibrated through Shinso, and you peered up at him. He shook his head, smiling at you. You pouted.

"What?" you asked.

"If you wanted me to do this, you should have just asked," he replied, but his words were muffled.

You shrugged, looking straight ahead again. Your eyes set out onto the horizon, before you shut them to relax a bit.

Your earpiece came to life, making you jolt back into Shinso. "Logistical Support Units, clear all designated areas immediately! Evacuate all residents block by block! We repeat, clear all designated areas of civilians immediately!" The voice buzzed out of existence as Hearts and Burnin took over communications, instructing the group to split up to cover more ground.