Think: Chapter Thirty-Seven: A Sickening Nightmare

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Disclaimer: The following is a work of fan fiction using characters and settings from My Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia created by Kohei Horikoshi. I do not claim any ownership of characters present in this piece that are owned and created by Kohei Horikoshi. I do not own My Hero Academima/Boku no Hero Academia.

Any references to historical events, real people, or real locales are used fictitiously. Other names, characters, places, and incidents are the product of the author's imagination, and any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead is entirely coincidental.

Warnings: This work contains mild language, blood, and violence. If you are easily triggered by violent scenarios, please do not read this chapter. This chapter could be triggering to some readers.

Chapter Thirty-Seven: A Sickening Nightmare

You smelled smoke. The acrid taste of it tinged your tongue. You coughed, wheezing as you attempted to breathe in any kind of air. Your eyes watered. Bakugo's hand shot out of the pitch darkness, grabbing for you and pulling you to his chest. He was trembling, muttering something inaudible. You attempted to ask him what was going on, but nothing came out of your mouth. His grip was unmoving. Heat hit you like a wave. You staggered, but Bakugo still didn't let you go, keeping you steady. You embraced him back, unable to free yourself and confused about what was going on.

"Don't let go," he said.

Your eyes widened.

"I'll protect you."

His coiled muscles suddenly relaxed. You tightened your grip on him, as it seemed like he was going to pull away, only your arms, started sinking into him, as if he was fading into oblivion. When you peered up from his neck, you met terrifyingly cold red eyes and a crooked smile. Shigaraki was standing behind him, his open palm pressed into Bakugo's back. A scream was caught in your throat. Bakugo's body turned to dust in your hands.

You staggered back as Shigaraki's hand swiped for you. Silent tears ran down your cheeks. The harsh, curling smoke entered your lungs again, while a black cloud sprung up between you and Shigaraki. Blue fire burned through the floor beneath you. The building creaked. You didn't have enough time to think, before the wood gave out. You reached out a hand and another shot out from the darkness, gripping your wrist. Kirishima's bright smile shined through the billowing ash. His chest was pressed against the floor to keep you from both sliding into the abyss.

"Hang on, Princess. Let me pull you up." Kirishima grunted, attempting to get some stability on the otherwise crumbling ground.

Again you tried to speak to him, but nothing came out. You squeezed his wrist, and he gave you a reassuring smile. The smoke was slowly dissipating and in its wake was the very Nomu that had scarred him. It stood above Kirishima with the same grotesque appearance it had when you'd first fought it. You attempted fruitlessly to warn Kirishima, panic twisting your mind. The creature drew back its arms, not even giving him a chance to activate his quirk. Both of the Nomu's fists came down. The floor quaked, surprise surfaced in Kirishima's eyes. Blood. His grip loosened. You fell, watching Kirishima's hand go limp over the edge after hearing another pound of the Nomu's fists. Blood dripped from his fingertip.

You hit the ground hard, choking on smoke and soundless sobs. You were hit by a blinding light, two shadows illuminating in front of your quivering body. When your vision focused, sitting before you were Shinso and Shoto. A knife was forced into your hand.

"Choose which one should die," Kobura's voice dripped into your ears. "Choose, or I will."

Shinso and Shoto struggled against their binds. Gagged and beaten, both didn't seem like they knew what was going on. When you attempted to throw the knife from your fingers, it was as if it was stuck there. When you tried to speak, the words stuck to your throat like burning nails. When you tried to use your quirk, it was as if it never existed. Your fingers tensed around the handle of the knife. You breathed in a shaking breath. Tears oversaturated your cheeks.