Think: Chapter Eleven: Carnival of Chaos

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Disclaimer: The following is a work of fan fiction using characters and settings from My Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia created by Kohei Horikoshi. I do not claim any ownership of characters present in this piece that are owned and created by Kohei Horikoshi. I do not own My Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia.

Any references to historical events, real people, or real locales are used fictitiously. Other names, characters, places, and incidents are the product of the author's imagination, and any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead is entirely coincidental.

Warning: This work contains mild language and violence. This chapter in particular has more intense violence.

Please be aware this piece is in second person perspective, following my original character, Think, Anna Kokoro, who is a transfer student from America. I will be posting in chapters/sections. I hope you have as much fun reading these pieces, as I did writing them. I adore this chapter! Thank you for reading! I really appreciate the support.

Chapter Eleven: Carnival of Chaos

You woke up practically vibrating. You'd almost forgotten that later that day you'd be going to the carnival. Recovery Girl released you almost as soon as she saw you hopping around so early in the morning. She gave you strict instructions about how to take care of your arm while in your own dorms, and you tried your best to listen, but the anticipation for the rest of the day was far more interesting. You grabbed the supplies she handed you and rushed for the dorms.

You hadn't even been able to decide what you were going to wear. As you sprinted in what you hoped was the right direction, you scrolled through your unanswered text messages from the day before, noticing in horror that someone had slipped up in the group chat.

"Are you still going to be able to make it to the carnival with us tomorrow, Think?" It was from Kaminari, and a string of confused responses followed.

Mina thankfully did some crowd control, correcting Kaminari by texting, "That's not how you spell arcade, idiot." Which, from previous conversations with Ochaco, you knew that the Bakusquad frequented often and no one else wanted to ever go with them.

You scrolled further down into the conversation, adjusting your other hand which was holding the cup of flowers that Bakugo had gotten you.

"Where is she going tomorrow? With who?" That text was from Todoroki.

"Oh, great," you groaned. He was the last person you wanted to find out about your little adventure with the Bakusquad, especially since he and Bakugo weren't on the best of terms. You'd already told Todoroki you were going to the carnival with "friends," so you were almost certain he'd put two and two together with the recent string of messages. You didn't text back, knowing that you would have made the whole thing a lot worse. You looked up from your phone, turning and pacing backwards to try and figure out where you should be heading. You scratched your scalp, wondering how you got lost once again.

"Hey, it's walking-backwards girl!" a voice chimed from below you.

You searched for the person, but when your gaze found a face sticking out from the ground you shrieked, stumbling backwards. The face disappeared just as soon as you'd lost your footing completely. A pair of strong arms kept you from falling. You looked back to see that third year you'd bumped into earlier in the week.

"Didn't mean to scare you." He smiled, and his blue eyes looked you over curiously.

You remembered that his name started with an "M," but you couldn't place it in your jumbled mind. He steadied you on your feet, before taking a step back. By some miracle, you hadn't dropped your phone, nor the cup of crushed flowers. The boy in front of you was wearing a skin-tight black bodysuit, which seemed an odd choice for him. He noticed you were staring, and he attempted to cover himself.