Think: Chapter Seventy-One: Go Beyond the Bounds of Flight

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Warnings: This work contains mild language, blood, and violence.

Chapter Seventy-One: Go Beyond the Bounds of Flight

You rested as long as U.A. classes would allow, but you had plenty of classes to still catch up on, despite your extreme work habits. You'd avoided using your quirk unless it was necessary, fully aware that you continued to stretch it to its limits. Hatsume assisted you with some alterations to your costume. She added more gadgets directly to your eyewear and your helm had disappeared completely. With your new blue eye-visor, you were equipped with an earpiece, a light, and an off-center screen which could assist you with coordinates. Your suit had changed too. The skirt and detachable cape remained, but the exaggerated "T" on your chest had been minimized and centered in a replicated picture of the cloud charm on your boot. Your belt was also re-engineered to hold more support tech. It was a bit bulkier, but it didn't hinder your movements. Overall, the design was simplified to make it more recognizable and streamlined for your quirk use, but the glitter and sparkles remained as per your request.

You stood in Gym Gamma, staring up at the ceiling with apprehension. You were all supposed to be working on two ultimate moves until they were flawless, but you had something else in mind.

You clenched your fists at your sides. You could fly. You'd done it twice now. Two different ways. It was only a matter of time before flight was a natural part of your abilities.

"Don't even think about it, Big Brain," Bakugo said as he clapped you on the back. "No one's ready to catch you. Did you really think you would try that stunt again after what happened last time?"

"I have to."

"You don't have to do shit. Brain Drain told me exactly what happened during the raid, and I'm not going to be the one scraping you off the ground when you fall to your death."

You remembered how terrifying that first time was trying to fly, how out of control it felt. This was different though. You had an image to catch you, to move you, and to fly. It was different from before, tangible. Wings were an easy idea to manifest compared to someone holding you up higher and higher. What happened before wouldn't happen again.

"I know that look," Bakugo hissed. "Don't you dare." Bakugo crossed his arms over his chest.

You looked at him pleadingly. Your fingers clenched at your skirt. Seeing his scrutinizing gaze on you, had another flashback singing your memory. His fingers brushed yours as he tried to catch you. The agony in his expression was still fresh in your mind, when he realized he wouldn't be able to catch you as you fell. His scream reverberated in your memory. He would see to it that moment would never happen ever again.

"Katsuki, please," you said.

Bakugo froze, and his eyes widened. He tilted his face downward as his cheeks flushed in an attempt to hide it. "I will never watch you fall like that again without being able to catch you," he muttered under his breath, so that only you could hear it.

"I want to make certain that will never happen again," you said. "The only way that I can do that is if I practice and don't leave it up to chance that I can fly when I need to the most."

Bakugo narrowed his eyes at you, but you didn't flinch away from his intensity. He huffed out an exasperated breath. He set his hands on his hips, flicking his chin up in your direction. "Then, do it while I'm watching. I've already come up with both of my ultimate moves, and I've perfected them. As the future number one hero, I've practiced that stuff in my spare time, so I guess you're lucky I can keep your dumbass from falling for a couple of minutes." Bakugo smirked. "If anything happens, I can make sure you're still around for me to tell you I told you so."