Think: An Icy Ending

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Warnings: This work contains mild language, alcohol, blood, and violence.

(Ending 3 of 8)

An Icy Ending

"I won't let you hurt her!" Shoto yelled. A shell of protective ice encased you as Shoto came gliding in. He held you close to his chest, as he urged you away from Shigaraki, All for One. Ice spread out from Shoto's palm. His whole body shook as he continued to build the shell to protect you. His chest heaved from exertion. The heat from his left side could barely even be considered warm.

"Shoto, we're safe. I'm safe. Stop," you said.

Shoto didn't seem to hear you as he used the remainder of his strength to finish the ice chrysalis. His body suddenly slumped into yours, and your eyes widened. Burns, horrid burns from Dabi's blue fire speckled his skin in patches. His fire quirk and his ice may have just barely been able to save his skin because they appeared like they could heal with time. Shoto was blue, shivering. His lips had turned purple from the cold. Ice had crept up the right side of his skin, lingering there after he'd lost consciousness.

You quivered, teeth chattering. The loud oncoming footsteps of the Nomus dissipated. Shigaraki and All for One, who'd taken control of his body, had most likely escaped. You tightened your grasp around Shoto's chest, trying to provide him with warmth, using your body heat to no avail. You set him down in the small dome-like cave he'd made out of solid ice. Your breathing echoed off of the protective walls that now held you both captive.

You dug through your utility belt pockets, removing a small metallic blanket that would normally help civilians should they need to keep in their body heat. Unfortunately, Shoto was already covered in ice, so you weren't sure how effective it would be for him. You wrapped him in it all the same, realizing your time was ticking. Lack of oxygen or hypothermia would likely be your undoing if you weren't able to get out of this shell of ice.

Shoto could be your only hope in getting out, but he'd likely already pushed himself far past his own limitations. Endeavor would be another safe bet for escape, but his last attack against Gigantomachia had left him unconscious too. Bakugo may be able to blast through the dome of ice, but you were pretty sure he'd already passed out. Deku couldn't use his arms or legs anymore because he'd broken all of his bones just to fight Shigaraki, so a Detroit Smash wasn't likely getting you out either.

You turned your gaze down to your belt. You had explosives, but, at this range, they could kill you both. You had fire projectiles, but, again, it was a fatal and an unlikely solution. You glanced at Shoto again, rubbing your arms to bring friction and heat to your body. White condensed air was already coming out from your shivering lips. You knelt down beside Shoto, checking his pulse. It was faint, fainter than you would have liked it to be.

"S-Shoto," you chattered out his name, hoping you could somehow get him to wake up. "P-Please, you need to wake up." You shook his shoulder, wincing at how forceful you were being. He needed to rest. What he went through today was beyond horrible. You couldn't imagine the emotional and physical trauma he suffered from battling his "dead" brother.

Shoto didn't move, even as you continued to try to shake him awake. He was barely breathing. His throat must have been raw from smoke inhalation or burns because you could hear his breath rasp with every exhale. You brushed some hair out of his eyes, and the icy strands melted with your touch. As your fingers accidently skimmed his face, warmth began to spread across some of his frosted skin. You brought your palm to his cheek and again felt heat rise from his body. You grabbed his hands, holding them between your own. His left side reacted to your touch, even without him being conscious. You breathed a sigh of relief when it seemed the ice had almost completely melted from his upper body. It didn't solve the immediate problem, but you were glad he wouldn't succumb to frostbite.