Think: Chapter Ninety-Five: The Dead Speak

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Warnings: This work contains mild language, blood, mentions of death, and violence.

Chapter Ninety-Five: The Dead Speak

You charged forward, fear numbing your damaged quirk. You shot out your mind to grab Katsuki as he fell from the air, but Shoto grabbed him first with Endeavor in his other hand.

Deku launched another attack toward Shigaraki, breaking through the ensuing dark energy quirk to get to him. Shigaraki grabbed Midoriya by the face. Deep red energy pulsed and entangled over Deku's head. You fell to your knees, watching in horror as it appeared that Shigaraki was actually going to do it. He was going to take Deku's quirk. And, all you could do was look on.

Seconds, seconds went by as you struggled to hold on to your senses, battled to keep your head together along with your emotions. All you could do was watch, watch as Deku fought alone against an unstoppable force. Your quirk. If only you could use your quirk, and it was stable enough for you to do something, anything.

A bright light burst out from Deku and Shigaraki, blinding you. You shielded your face with your arm. The radiance faded. Your quirk clicked into place again suddenly, as if your desperate calls had been heard.

"I've got him!" you called out.

Deku fell back from Shigaraki. You grabbed him with your mind, helping him safely to the ground. Shoto landed with Bakugo and Endeavor only feet from you.

You choked on a noise, wanting desperately to run to Katsuki. Blood dripped from his parted mouth. His chest heaved with exertion just to breathe. At the same time, you fretted over Deku. A broken mess beside you.

"Kacchan... Is he...?" Deku managed, having trouble breathing himself.

"He's alive," you said, biting back a sob.

"We'll patch you up. Don't move," Shoto said toward Midoriya.

The earth shook. Shoto and you snapped your heads back to see Shigaraki supporting his limp body with those large black tendrils that he'd used to stab Katsuki with. Yellow energy crashed into Shigaraki as Nejire arrived on the scene, and, once again, Shigaraki was knocked down. Iida slid in between you and the fallen villain.

"A giant is crashing through the city as we speak. He's on his way here," Iida warned.

"Please, get the injured to safety," Shoto said.

"Shigaraki wants my quirk. I can't be taken away. He would just follow me," Deku murmured. "Get Kacchan and Endeavor out of here, Iida. Please," Midoriya begged, clutching his abdomen.

Your gaze trailed back to Shigaraki, getting back up again while supported by even more black tendrils flowing out of his spine. Gigantomachia crashed through the remaining buildings beside you, heading straight for Shigaraki. Shoto and Nejire attacked Shigaraki while they still had the chance, while it seemed as if Shigaraki wasn't healing as fast. Through a torrent of fire and yellow energy waves, it appeared as if the two heroes may actually make some progress. Gigantomachia didn't hesitate to break through the two of them to get to his, "Master!" which he continued to repeat, even when Shigaraki was in his open hand.

Shoto was sent flying with a single swipe of the giant's hand. Your chest tightened, and tears burned at your eyes as you watched him bounce across the ground. Iida had a hold of Bakugo, trying to carry him out. You were still knelt down in front of Midoriya, trying your best to patch him up with the little medical supplies that you carried in your belt. Relief washed through you as you watched Shoto get back up. Gigantomachia had frozen in place now that he had Shigaraki in hand.