Think: Chapter Forty-One: A Rescue of the Mind

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Disclaimer: The following is a work of fan fiction using characters and settings from My Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia created by Kohei Horikoshi. I do not claim any ownership of characters present in this piece that are owned and created by Kohei Horikoshi. I do not own My Hero Academima/Boku no Hero Academia.

Any references to historical events, real people, or real locales are used fictitiously. Other names, characters, places, and incidents are the product of the author's imagination, and any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead is entirely coincidental.

Warnings: This work contains mild language, blood, and violence.

Chapter Forty-One: A Rescue of the Mind

Shinso barely managed to grab you before you ran head first into a trap, complete with a pit. The concrete dissolved into sand in front of you, your small frame dangling for only a few seconds before Shinso had pushed you behind him. A group of students dissolved from the concrete jungle, eyeing both of you with smirks on their faces.

Your quirk nearly surged forward from the adrenaline coursing through your veins. After fighting Kobura, none of these upcoming heroes seemed as scary. Shinso felt you move. His grip stayed on you to keep you from acting irrationally.

"Are you really going to gang up on just two people?" Shinso asked.

"Sorry, but—" The boy who answered froze, Shinso's quirk sinking into his mind.

His group of friends were suddenly startled. You cracked your knuckles, rolling out your shoulders, and Shinso finally released you.

"Are you sure about this?" he asked in a low voice.

It was a really unfair fight to say the least. There might have been about ten of them all together.

"Whatever it takes," you said, tugging open the compartments your utility belt with your mind and mixing your support weapons with the orange target balls up in the air. The multicolor swirl flew around you, creating a spectacular rainbow as it had done days before.

"What are you going to do with those, girly?" another student spat. His expression was nervous, as he kept looking at his friend, who was still motionless.

"It depends on what you do," you said in an even voice, already pinpointing all of their targets, calculating your next move.

The boy furrowed his brows, getting offended by your confident response. After taking another look at his unresponsive friend, he took a step toward you.

"Did your friend get a bit tongue tied?" Shinso took your response as the go ahead. He was readying himself with his binding cloth.

"You freak—" Another one brainwashed. Maybe these students didn't watch the Sports Festival. You were certain that they wouldn't be fooled again though.

"I'll immobilize them," you murmured.

"Be my guest," Shinso said, adjusting his position so he was defending your back. "I'll cover you."

It was time to utilize all of that practice training. You had many ultimate moves prepared, but two in particular were going to be the easiest for you to achieve in such a large group. As they were focused on your gadgets, a move not using them would catch them unaware. You shifted the projectiles spinning around you upward, keeping them spinning in a circle so your stream of attention could leave them there. The group of students surrounding you focused on them, just as you expected.