Think: Chapter Twenty-Six: Too Many Bakers

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Chapter Twenty-Six: Too Many Bakers

"Why'd you bring a fire extinguisher?" you asked, watching as Bakugo set it down beside the kitchen island.

"Because I don't trust a single one of these Extras not to set fire to this place."

"Your confidence in us is astounding," Ochaco deadpanned.

Bakugo ignored her, setting his ingredients in a neat pile next to his station complete with everything he needed to complete whatever he was making, which you simply couldn't decipher from what he had out. He wrapped a black apron around his waist, getting to work before everyone had arrived. It looked like he was calling dibs on the oven first.

Midoriya and Kirishima had yet to show up, but they had also been in charge of picking up the remaining ingredients. Shoto had been staring at an egg in his hand for about ten minutes now, and you had finally organized most of your things to be able to help him.

"Um, you good, Shoto?" you asked.

He jolted, nearly dropping the egg in the process. He set the egg back in the carton, covering his face with his hand. "I'm not sure if I should be here. I'm just going to be in the way," he murmured.

"Then leave," Bakugo said, his attention on carefully measuring out flour. "There are too many of you in here as it is."

"Don't be an ass." Ochaco flicked Bakugo in the back of the head, making him nearly spill his perfectly leveled flour out of his measuring cup.

Bakugo tilted his head back toward her, scowling. "Do it again, Pink Cheeks, and I'll give us a reason to use the fire extinguisher." He went back to preparing his dessert.

You sighed, placing a hand on Shoto's forearm and pulling him next to you again. "We can do it together. There's no reason to be so nervous."

Shoto nodded hesitantly.

"What do you want to make?" you asked, flipping through your long-owned cookbook, complete with food stains and missing pages from overuse.

"What do you want to make?" he repeated the question to you.

You paused, almost surprised. It was rare that you had a chance to make something solely for yourself. Your parents didn't really eat sweets, so a lot of times you would remember your neighbor's preferences and make them treats. You'd make things for your classmates as well, but it was rare that any of them would actually accept your offer.

"What's your favorite?" he asked, leaning over your shoulder.

You'd walked with Shoto many times before, been beside him often too, but it wasn't until he was hovering over your shoulder that you realized how tall he actually was compared to you. Even now, he was bending down so that he was close enough to observe the cookbook along with you. His cold breath tickled your ear, making you blush.

"Chocolate cake," you said.

"Then, why don't we make that?" he asked.

"Are you sure?" you asked a bit too excited. You bounced a little on your toes, as you looked at Shoto expectantly.

He blinked down at you, covering his mouth before averting his gaze. Had you said something wrong? Oh, no. You'd gotten too excited again.

"I guess it wouldn't be the best to make for a group event," you added dejectedly.

Shoto suddenly spun back to you. "No. It's perfect. Let's make chocolate cake," he said.

When you looked up at him again, his cheeks were a shade darker. Your smile came back when he agreed with you. You looped your apron around your neck, tying it back. The pattern that covered it was made entirely of realistic sharks. You handed Todoroki your spare blue one, and he put it on as well.