SHOT - 71

"For heaven sake Randhir, stop drinking you're drunk enough.."
Parth snatched the glass from his hand and gave him water to sober him up..

"Drunk? Am not drunk... Actually yesh am drunk... A lil bit.... Ittu sa.."
He slurred, and gulped the water...

"I don't understand why people say that alcohol soothes your pain? Because the more am drinking the more am feeling pain here.."
He said pointing at his heart, Parth felt desolated seeing his best friend's vulnerable state.

"Randhir alcohol never helps us, its just our human psychology that it Allays our pain, it only helps us to efface our pain for a while. It drowns us into its trap and than its difficult to come out of it..."

"Psychology and alcohol? Really? Are you going to lecture me about that when I just had an heartbreak..."
Randhir arraigned him flaring his nose like a bull...

"No.. Uhh.. Am sorry.. I just got carried away..."
Parth apologized coyly..

"Useless dost..."
Randhir murmured under his breath..

"So where was I? Ummmm.... Ha....she thinks I cheated on her? Why parth? Why she thought that I would cheat on her? Didn't she saw how I changed myself for her? She called me womanizer.... Kyu? Why Can't she see how much I love her?..."
He asked innocently, his eyes brimmed with little pearl drops..

"You love her?.."
Parth enthusiastically asked him, and wiped his tears...

"Huh? Who said that?.."
Randhir frowned...

"You just said that ....."
Parth said bafflingly....

"What I said?... Wait are you drunk parth..."
Randhir narrowed his eyes and smelled near his mouth...

"Arrgggh... You know you're worst when you're drunk.. Let's go to sleep.. We'll continue your heartbreak story tomorrow..."
Parth stood and clasped randhir's wrist to pull him up from the lounge chair.

"No.. I just started sharing my 'Dil ka dhukda' and you're running away.. No.. No.... beth aur sun...."
Randhir pulled him back on his lap and caged him in his arms.

"Moron... Leave me.. I have enough space to sit sofa...."
Parth wriggled and came out of his grip....

Just than his phone buzzed, it flashed Sanyukta. He sighed and walked over to the window seat than received her call.

"Hello... "
Parth imply randhir silently to shush with his fingers on lips.
Randhir pouted and kept his fingers on his lips..

"Uhhh.. Hi..."
She greeted..

"Hi.."
He smiled...

"Kese ho?..."
She asked faltering.....

"He's here with me don't worry..."
Parth chuckled on her futile attempts...

"A...am not asking about ran...him.. Why would I..."
She sputtered..

"Ya...ya I know.. He'll be sleeping here only.. So you sleep safe okay..."
Parth said like an protective brother....

"Why he'll sleep there? Uhh.. O..okay..."
She sounded doleful...

"Good night Sanyukta...."

"Good night parth"

Parth turned around and saw him sleeping awkwardly on lounge chair, he witnessed an innocent vulnerable child in him who was broken from inside. Randhir was definitely in love with Sanyukta and he was certain that randhir would never cheat on her. It wasn't her fault too, randhir's past was so colourful that any woman would qualm him. He vowed to sort of things between them.

They were just victim of Equivocation...!!!