SHOT - 73

"So tell me Randhir why didn't you called me once? And what about those pictures in the newspapers with that brunette?...."

"Where do I Start from?...."
He sighed and sat besides her, clasping her hand in his..

"Sanyukta, the day I reached their I came to know that some other company have already grabbed that deal, I was so disappointed and frustrated but than when I heard their idea I realized that someone from my company have sold them my idea, my project, my tender to that company.

Next day I was engrossed in hunting that culprit, than i unveiled everything to Mr. Zachary about burglary fiasco.
I probably had a good luck that he believed me and sealed the deal with me.

The next day when we were celebrating I met jenny, she was my ex - mistress and present girlfriend of Zachery. Jenny was forcing herself on me, but when i made her clear that am married, she deliberately got drunk and pulled me on dance floor, as she was girlfriend of Zachary I couldn't say no for a dance as it might have hampered my deal with him, but things got ugly and she fainted in my arms, I just helped her by taking to Zachary's home. From their I left for airport to board a flight for India. I didn't knew anything about those headlines in newspapers.."

"And about not calling you, you know my anger issues right? Am a ruthless businessman Sanyukta I can't digest a defeat, never in my life i have lost any deal, I can't tolerate who cheats me I have my own ways of dealing those leeches, I didn't wanted you to be victim of my rage so I thought its better to stay away from you but I did a biggest mistake of my life by doing that..."

He looked into her eyes hoping for some trust and belief in him, but he only saw tears, tears of what?
Hate?
Grief?
Guilt?