Chapter Nineteen

"For the last time I didn't kill my son!"

Gibbs has been interrogating Roger for what feels like hours. He was tense when we walked back in here with Gibbs. He wasn't like that with me, but I guess that's what happens. The mood changes when you're being treated like a murderer instead of the victim. It's shit but it's the truth.

"Where's Fran!" This wasn't the first time he's yelled those words.

It all started when Gibbs asked him where he was the night his son was murdered. He didn't want any of it and kept asking where Fran was. Who knows how long ago that was and now we are back to square one.

From what I saw Fran went to into conference room with Fornell. He's probably trying to get answers out of her too or trying to bring up memories from her past. If he's that way with her too I won't take it so personal. I don't know why Gibbs hasn't brought her to him or vice versa. I don't know how he's been in there for this long. It's three in the afternoon I have no idea when this whole thing started.

I hear a slam and it makes me jump back from the window. It was Roger slamming his hands on the table. He gets up in Gibbs face and starts to yell again.

"Where is Fran!" His face is red, and I can hear his teeth grinding through the wall.

Gibbs doesn't say anything, he slowly gets up and leaves the room. I wait for the door to open and it doesn't.

I go out to find him heading for the conference room.

"Are you bringing Fran to him?"

Seeing this man in pain over his son is killing me. There's no way with all he has on his plate that he has time to murder his son. That's the only reason I can think of. It's heartless to think for the conversations we had together. Only two but still. From the last case I can't assume just because people are blood doesn't mean they won't hurt each other. I already knew that and should write the damn book for it.

"Nope, he's staying there and you're staying in observation."

I turn around without any hesitation. We are in separate rooms but somehow, I'm with him. Making sure he doesn't lose his mind being locked in a room with nothing but your thoughts. Even if there wasn't a wall separating us, his thoughts would still get to him. He doesn't have his man cave to escape to.

A few more hours pass and I have sat and stood everywhere. I laid, sat, and rolled on the floor for fun. I tried to see the different angels I could see into interrogation by standing everywhere, I would even jump. I jump, and I hear someone weeping, it's Roger. His face is in his hands and my body stays still.

"I just want my son. Bring back my son." He's crying and breathing heavy. I stand fully with him now. There is no way he did it.

I feel someone pinch my sides and my light scream turns into a laugh. I turn around and it's McGee. He has me and he covers my mouth with his hands. I can't help but wish he was using something to else to shut me up.

His smile is the brightest thing I've seen all day. He's still wearing his NCIS jacket and cap, damn he looks good.

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you."

"Yeah right." I roll my eyes and he licks his lips. "What, what time is it?" I can't stop staring at his lips.

"A little pass seven."

Seven? I have been in here how long? Where the hell is Gibbs and why didn't he come back.

I hear a door open and it's not our door, it's the interrogation door. Gibbs walks through with some burgers and drinks.