Chapter 114

(Our NCIS story is almost coming to an end. But don't you worry. A sequel may appear in your future with many surprises and changes. Just wait and see.)

In contrary to last Thanksgiving, I had no problem picking out an outfit this year

In contrary to last Thanksgiving, I had no problem picking out an outfit this year. I decided to go with my leggings and a long maroon dress. I want to be comfortable since I am accompanying Abby and Tim on their ride to the airport. I'm actually driving both of them there. I called dibs. Not that Ziva and Tony were jumping to do it, but I want them to myself before they leave.

I'm rocking my chucks to help along with the cozyness. I'm aware it's not a word but today I don't care.

I pick up Tim first because the longer I'm with him the better.

He kisses me on the lips when he gets in the car. He makes it last until we have to pick up Abby. I don't want to make all of us late.

"Don't you look beautiful." He says as he buckles himself in. I start driving when I hear the click.

"You don't look bad yourself." He's wearing his brown suit today. He went to the trunk before he got in the car with not one, not two, but three suit cases.

I know at least one of them has to have clothes in them. I don't doubt that he put all the technology he's going to need in one suit case. Or two.

I don't mention our anniversary. I'm going to bring it up when we get to the airport. That way when I give him his gift, he won't be able to feel bad for forgetting. He has a lot on his mind since finding out he's leaving everybody. I don't blame him for forgetting.

That doesn't mean it hurts any less.

We get to Abby's place and to my surprise she has the same amount of luggage as Tim. That is if you don't count her carry on. I don't. She wouldn't be Abby without all her accessories and make up.

She sits in the back and is quiet for a second. We turn to see if she's okay and she sticks out her bottom lip.

She brings herself to me and wraps her arm around my neck. I'm being choked. She doesn't mean it and I don't say anything. Mostly because I can't.

"I'm going to miss you so much Peters." She tightens her grip.

I try to respond but it's obvious I can't. I give Tim a look. He taps Abby's arm. She releases me. Then, she sticks her lip out even farther.

"You guys are the most affected by this!" She brings our heads together and the seat belt rubs against my neck. I bet it does the same to Tim.

As much as it's killing me; I have been keeping myself together all day. I'm not about to become Niagara Falls while Abby is choking me half to death. Tim and I haven't talked about it since yesterday.

This morning, we didn't say a word about it. We just got up, had breakfast together, and he hung on to me until I had to tell him I had to leave to get ready for the night. The rest of the time he was being his cute self and whispering sweet things to me. I like when he can't let me go. Tonight, I won't want to let him go, but I won't have a choice. Knowing that, is the hardest part.