Chapter 77

"What the hell are you doing here" I can't control my arms. They are pushing him back and won't stop. They want to form into fists and aim for his face, but I still see the six-year-old that used to stand up for me. Except this six-year-old is a apart of a gang, called the cops, and was the top suspect of a murder case.

"What? Not only are you apart of a gang but you stalk people now? What the hell!"

He's trying to grab my hands, but I manage to dodge his grasp. I hear him telling me to stop, but I don't want to. I see the kid who protected me, and also see someone I don't know.

"God, it's like I thought I knew you. I wish I never-"

Before I could say something I'd regret. He grabs my hands with just one of his and covers my mouth.

"Melissa. Stop let me explain." He's speaking in a low voice. I bet he has never been to this town to assume he's safe.

He finally lets me breath through my mouth. "No, I'm not Sugar you don't get to comfort me or whatever it was you were doing outside that restaurant."

"That has nothing to do with you."

I get out of his grasp. He put his arms up so he knows I'm done hitting him. I am, but it's only so I can yell at him. I don't want to look at him but seeing the way he reacts is what I need to see. Instead, of wallowing alone, let's see how yelling at the person who hurt me works.

"I thought we were best friends. I thought you cared."

"What are you talkin' about? Of course, I care, you were there. You saw!"

"That was the Sean I used to know. That six-year-old that knew he didn't like what his best friend was going through and reacted on instinct. He stood up for the right thing, no matter who it was for, but was always by my side at the end of the day."

"Then, what the hell are you goin' on about?"

My heart aches; as if he has no idea. Just looking at him wear the jacket they wear is making my breathing irregular. I can't stop now. I'm on a roll and need to get it out.

"You were on the other side of town."

His guard goes down. He knows exactly where this is going.

"You moved to the other side of our shit town, because this town has no idea how to manage the people that grow up there. So, they have to split it up and have a shit ton of schools, with a shit ton of people, with shit tendencies."

"You don't know what you're talkin' about."

"Do you see that jacket you're wearing?"

He stops talking the moment I bring it up. That jacket means everything when he wears it.

"It doesn't mean anything."

"You couldn't even take it off just to stalk me and talk to me. You've had that jacket on for a damn long time if you became friends with John when he was fifteen."

"It was thirteen."

"Oh? You dragged him into your life style the moment he moved here?"

He's getting angry. His hands are forming into fists. He always starts to tilt his head back and fourth to relax. He started doing this when his dad was annoying him. He forgot he was his dad for a second and almost lunged at him like he was a kid on the playground. He did that to distract the fact that he was actually going to punch him. If he did, I don't think I would have had a friend for as long as I did. Ever since then, when he was ready to attack, that's what he did.