Chapter 105

"I could take off your dress right now, and not feel bad about never making it to the wine tasting

"I could take off your dress right now, and not feel bad about never making it to the wine tasting."

Tim says as he drives us to the wine tasting for Heather to win a good amount of money to start her business.

I'm wearing a short yellow dress with flats that have rhinestones around the lining.

He's wearing a light blue shirt with khakis. He definitely knows what he's doing to me. Never mind what I'm doing to him.

"Would you please drive!" I say trying to move his hand away from my thigh.

I didn't think this was the best idea. Tim and I acting like a couple for this event. It's because we won't be acting since we are a couple. What if Jimmy notices how comfortable we are with each other and thinks that we're more than what we're leading on?

We'll be comfortable hugging, holding hands, flirting. I know it's what he wants us to do. I'm just worried we'll do it too well.

"You expect me to control myself with you wearing that sexy dress?"

"I expect you to until we're done acting like a couple in front of Jimmy."

"Oh." He shakes his head. "That's what this is about. You're nervous because we'll be ourselves in front of people for once and you'll think he'll figure it out."

"You're not worried about it?"

I would think he would be since Jimmy is known for telling stories even when people don't want to hear them.

"No. He asked us to do this. The least we could do is actually be ourselves and get something out of it."

He's right and I don't like it.

I do have to calm down though. I'll be so nervous that they'll actually think we're not a couple and we'll be disqualified. I don't even know how the judges are going to pick which person to give it to. How am I going to know what to say, so I have a shot at getting the money for Heather? I didn't think about this at all.

"What are you worrying about?"

Why can he read me so well? It's a blessing and a curse.

"What am I going to tell the judges? What's my business? What am I trying to sell to the public? Or am I not selling anything but creating something? Is there a difference?"

"Don't worry about that I have it under control?"

Huh? "What do you mean?"

"Not both of us have to have a business. I was thinking of a story while we were getting ready."

I got dressed at his house this morning. He didn't want to go anymore when I started taking a shower. He wanted to get in with me, but I wouldn't let him because I was so nervous about today.

"Don't I have to know what it is? What are you doing? How long you've been doing it?"

"A publishing company. I've been thinking about it for six years now and wrote a book with a different company."