Chapter 63

"Oh, no way."

After going up a stoop of stairs, and Tim using the code his friend gave him to get the key, we enter the building. It is a walk-up building surrounded by many of its own. The apartment is on the third floor which is the highest floor. When we walk in, the kitchen is to the right of us and the living room is straight ahead. The bed is right behind the living room. By that I mean it is a studio apartment. The walls are painted a light blue, kind of. I can't tell whether it would count as light in some parts or darker. That leads me to believe that color has a fancy name besides blue.

I walk towards the bed and to the right is a walk-in closet. He doesn't have the closet filled, him and I could get along just fine. At the end of the closest is the bathroom which Tim enters in from the kitchen.

"Do you like it?"

"I love it." I spin around taking everything in once more. "I love that it's so, so," I can't think of the word. I don't want to say small, that might be insulting. I don't want to say plain because there is somewhat of a woman's touch in here.

"Simple." He took the word right out of my mouth. Too bad I couldn't get it out myself.

"Yes, simple." He places our suitcases in the closet and brings me into his arms.

"Come here." He carries me to the window and moves the curtains.

Not, only do we see the building across the street. We can see every sign that is lit from a 50-mile radius. All the places here want everyone to know that they exist, so their signs are bright and high, so no one can miss it. I look down to see people talking and taxis going by. People walk so fast here. One person that I thought was going al the way down the street takes a turn into a building she was just about to pass.

When I look at the sky, it is more than one shade of blue. It goes from dark, to light, to baby blue, and then white. There is barely a cloud in site, which it weird for a winter day.

I take it all in. "This is beautiful."

"Yeah, got to love the pollution."

I slap him on the chest for ruining the moment. He takes my hand and brings me into a kiss.

He takes my chin and looks into my eyes. He stares into them and I smile at the sight of him.

"I'm glad I get to share this with you."

"Me too." I place a light kiss on his lips.

I make my way to the closet and he keeps his arms around me while walking with me.

"I'm going to shower before we go out tonight."

He starts to kiss my neck. "But it is only two in the afternoon."

"Yes," I am able to resist his kisses and grab the towels from the bathroom. "but isn't there a saying that everything happens in a minute here, or something like that."

"Anything can happen in a New York minute."

"Oh yeah, like what?"

He chuckles as I enter the bathroom. I close the door and start to turn on the hot water. The water is right near my ear that I don't hear the other door open. I don't know that Tim is in here until I feel a tap on my butt.

I gasp. "Tim! If you're in here I'm never going to get ready."

"What if we get ready together?" He takes off his shirt and his pants, waiting for me to do the same.

"I don't think getting ready is what you have in mind."

"Okay you caught me." He kisses my lips and goes down to my neck. My legs are feeling weak that I can't help but to hang onto him. His hands are in my pants and he starts to slowly take them off. He stops kissing my neck, so that I can take off my sweater. This is the reason I put the baby pink two piece on. When my pants and sweater are off of me, he steps back and just stares at my body. Usually, I would cover up immediately, but him loving the way I look, him telling me that I am beautiful, I am starting to believe him.