Chapter Twenty Five

I'm in the infirmary standing over Alex's defrosting body. We are in an isolated room that has a clear glass wall to see the rest of the infirmary. I have an ice pack on my head from the two times I went into the wall. I was the only one who went into the walls and was the only one to take a test to make sure it's nothing serious. I knew it wasn't.

On the other side of the glass Roy is talking to the boys. It looks as if it is getting serious. Tim looks up and gives me a smile. I quickly look back at Alex's body and feel the coldness of his hands. I want this body to defrost so I can send Abby finger prints. Normally Tim would do the honors, but the popular opinion is that this isn't Alex Koon; it's my opinion too.

"Peters please tell me you have breath mints." Tony asks looking as if he is going to throw up. I run over and grab a bin for the corner and hand it to him. "Oh, no it's not for me. It's for McBarf. He threw up three times to be exact and I can't take it anymore."

The thought of Tim throwing up is enough to hold me back from him. It's not him it's the throw up. The smell is gross, talking about it makes me nauseous, and seeing it is always unforgettable. Tony takes the bin and goes off to Tim who looks at me in fear and he punches Tony in the arm. I don't know what Tony says in response, but Gibbs gives him a slap to the back of the head. They leave the infirmary and I get to work.

Roy knocks on the glass when I am taking a piece of hair out of A's head. I'm calling him A from now on because either way I am not wrong.

"How are you doing?"

"I'm fine. I feel dumb tripping over some rope."

"You looked ridiculous too."

"I said dumb."

"Yup." We both laugh as he hands me a new ice pack.

Tony comes in to set up some equipment for me.

"I'm sorry. I'm sure I looked ridiculous when I was making friends with the walls. I was lucky to have Stan and Tony catch me."

Tony smiles. "Anytime Peters you know that."

Tony takes the DNA I have out and starts to go through it. He told me he was going to take care of what he could because of my head. To be honest, Abby told me Tim is the guy to go to when it comes to our evidence and precious DNA, but I don't want to near him right now. Remember the throw up Melissa. Remember the throw up.

I can't let a wall get in the way of me doing my job. I tell Tony I got it and he checks my head for a bump.

I focus my attention on Roy. "So, you knew Alex well?"

"Yeah we were-"

Tony puts up his hand for Roy to stop. "I will be asking the questions here. Peters you get all that to Abby as quickly as you can. The longer we wait for his prints the more time we are wasting getting this guy." What a man he is.

Tony and Roy leave me with A and I do exactly what Tony told me. While doing so I get a phone call from Abby. I tell her what Tony told me and I assure that I know if these two are twins, their fingerprints will be different. Everyone has their own unique fingerprint. I know Tony knows that I just think the rocking of the ship is getting to him.

"Abby, I don't know how to defrost him without messing everything up. You got the information I got on the hair, right?"

"Peters you're doing fine this takes time. I got everything you sent me, I just really need that fingerprint and we will know who he is."

I sit on the table staring at the body. The faster this body defrosts the faster we go home.

"It's not like you guys are coming home anytime soon because of this storm. Still feeling nervous about being on the ship?" I love that she remembers how I was feeling earlier. I hate the fact that she is right about the storm.