Chapter 68

I step out of the shower, wrapping a towel around my body. This time, I didn't have Tim distracting me with his hands or tongue. I woke up because of the noise outside. I could hear everyone and everything. I'm surprised I was able to stay asleep when the day started. It's 20 minutes to eleven, and Tim is awake already. I thought we were going to wake up with banging headaches. Instead I was more awake than I usually am when I have work. Tim didn't want to awake up yet, when I told him that's fine, I kissed him on the lips. That woke him up just fine and pulled me closer to him. We both thought about having sex at the moment, then I felt myself falling asleep while my eyes were closed.

That was earlier in the morning. When I got out of bed he was just getting out of the shower. He asked if I would be okay here alone while he gets coffee, and breakfast. I left the door to the kitchen locked but the one through the closet opened. I didn't hear anything while I was in the shower, so he can't be back.

I dry my hair with the dryer before putting on my clothes. Before I put on my clothes, I put on the teddy I bought. I'm not sure we're going to have sex today but at least I can say I wore it. I packed black jeans because I knew leggings weren't going to help me in this whether. I put my white shirt that has The Doors on it in black. The shirt doesn't have any sleeves, so I may suffer more today. If my converse' are going to compliment any outfit, it's this one.

I jump at the sound of a buzzing noise. It happens again seconds later. I run to the door and open it, but no one's there. Then, I hear Tim's voice, but I don't see him.

"Melissa. Melissa, I forgot the key."

To the right of the door, is a little white speaker hanging on the wall. I know that's where his voice is coming from. How do I work this thing?

"Press the button on the bottom left and hold it down. When you're done speaking, take your finger off." Oh, that's how.

I do as he says and press the button. "Uh hi." I rush to take my finger off.

"I forgot my key can you buzz me in?"

What?

"The button on the right-hand side hold, it down."

Oh.

I press the button and leave the door a tiny bit open.

I run back into the bathroom to make sure my hair isn't a mess. God, I probably sounded like an idiot on that thing. I haven't seen one of those ever. At least I know that we were safe when we were sleeping at night.

I hear the door hit the wall with Tim entering it, holding coffee and a brown bag.

"I got us croissants." I go over to him to take the coffee out of his hands. He is wearing a blue t-shirt under a dark blue zip up. What a sight. He has jeans and sneakers on the bottom. We shut the door and make our way to the living room.

The living room has a small coffee table. The couch and chair are orange. I don't know why he would have blue walls with an orange couch. I don't think they compliment each other. It might just be because I don't like orange, but to each his own. We sit on the couch when he hands me a croissant and coffee. I sip the coffee lightly, and he got it just how I like it, black. I nibble at the croissant. My head doesn't hurt from last night, yet my stomach can do without food for today.

"You won't believe it. It's winter and the new year, and it's 60 degrees outside."

"Are you serious?" I put my legs on top of his.

"Yeah, it's great." He sips his coffee and does the same thing I'm doing. "You can borrow my sweatshirt. It's too warm for a jacket today."

"No, you'll be too cold."

"I'll be fine I have another one." I put the croissant back down and sip the coffee. "You're not hungry?"

"No, that happens when I drink. I don't get a headache, I just get no appetite."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

I climb on to his lap. I kiss him before he can take another bite out of his food. "Don't apologize. I already know what you did." He gives me a look. "You got me the tiniest thing on the menu, so I can get used to eating breakfast. Baby steps."

He smiles and gives me a kiss. "Am I that transparent?" He nods his head to his suitcase. I go over to it and see a black zip up. "It even goes with the outfit."

He finishes his croissant and I give him mine. We drink our coffees as we clean up the place. I pack everything I left in the bathroom. Most importantly, I get my iPod out of the stereo. I don't want to imagine if I left it here.

Tim has no problem packing. He has everything neatly in his suitcase in a matter of seconds. He offers to help me pack Abby's makeup, but I told him not to. The last thing I need to do is break something of hers.

We put everything in the trunk of his car. Since it is our last day here, we are going to take the car. He thought it would be a good idea because that way when we are done doing whatever, we can get in the car and go straight home.

When we get in the car, Wonderwall starts to play.

"Oh no, we left the CD in here the entire time?"

"It's no big deal. The CD will be fine. I'm surprised there wasn't a lag when I turned the car on, but other than that everything should be fine." He looks over his shoulder, making sure he can get out of the spot. "So, what else have you always wanted to do in the city?"

We went to the Hard Rock Café. We went to Toys "R" Us for the big Ferris Wheel. I know there are definitely more things to do in the city, I just don't think I have ever thought about it. I never thought I would get the chance to really come here. Because of that I think I stopped dreaming. I stopped thinking of the Hard Rock and Ferris wheel. I didn't even make it a goal to visit these places when I was 18. I just gave up on everything when James did. I have to give myself a little credit, I gave up maybe two years after he did. Then, my goal was to get through a day of school and hope I didn't have to run home.

"I don't know, what do you recommend?"

"Me? I've never thought about it before."

"Neither have I but I still had places that I wanted to go to."

He shakes his head. "I just know how to get here because sometimes I would visit my family here."

I look out the window to see if anything catches my eye. Then, a thought comes to me. "Oh, wait. There is this place that the lady that gave me the dress wanted me to see. If it's still open that is."

He turns on the GPS. It takes over the calming sound of Oasis. "Do you have the name?"