Chapter 86

I've been dragging my feet all day. We all left work later than usual last night because we were enjoying the movies Tony picked out. We weren't really paying attention at the end because we were making jokes and ended up having a food fight. I was trying to duck as much as I could. Then, Sean ended up using me as a shield and I got pelted with sour patch kids. Once all the ammo was on the floor, Abby and I both went into cleaning mode and picked up every piece of food off the floor. The guys didn't help because I told them to play video games.

The night was about Sean and Adam. In a way, I see that it was for Tony too. He didn't have a date that night either and I know he said it was because it was the night of love and not love making. I'm not sure that I believed him when he said it. I believe that he didn't have a date. I just don't believe in the reason why. I think he knows what he wants but doesn't want to admit it. Not only to us but to himself.

Jimmy was gone before the food fight started. He went out with Heather and all I wanted today was to hear about it. I didn't get a chance to see him because Gibbs was not in the mood for anyone not to be doing their jobs. Everyone is always doing their jobs, but today we couldn't even ask one another how we were doing. I have a feeling it's the stress of the investigation going nowhere. Then, I thought that it might have had to do with yesterday. I don't know why he took valentine's day off. Maybe he was with his girlfriend or doing something on his own. I assume he doesn't have a wife because he shares an ex-wife with Fornell. Also, when I visited him on Christmas there was no sign that anyone else lived in that house.

I didn't ask Abby what was bugging him because I felt like the moment, I would mention it he would appear out of nowhere. I never knew what it was like to just want an investigation to end, but this one has been going on way too long. I would understand if the reason he was on edge was because we haven't gotten any proof that Whisk was behind it. It is annoying and it is affecting everyone. If he wants to show it let him.

After a stressful day, I drove over to The Shop of Thrift to get a dress. I see the woman who sold me the dress that traveled to NYC with me. I figured that since she helped me on one of the most memorable nights of my life, she can help me with this one. I trust her, even though I am still unaware of her name.

Once I told her I was looking for a red dress, she went over to one of the racks and pulled out five different ones. She put one back the moment I said I wanted simple. The one she put back had rhinestones on it and would reflect all lights that it passed. One caught my eye and she could see it. She pulled out the short dress that flares at the bottom and hands it to me. She took me back to the changing room that I have been in before and I changed.

I liked it so much that I wore it on the way home. When I walked in, James was asleep and didn't budge when I closed the door. When I got down stairs, I decided to straighten my hair. I haven't since I was in high school. I would straighten my hair every day, even if it was already straightened from the day before. It was the worse. I stopped when I could see my split ends from miles away.

I'm thinking about going crazy tonight and wearing heels. I wore them mostly when I would be going on job interviews. Surprisingly, I can walk in them, thank God, because they go well with this dress.

I hear my phone go off and get a text. "Here."

I grab a jacket and race up the stairs in my heels as fast as I can without making too much noise. I see that James is still asleep and it's a blessing.

I get to the car that's outside my house. When I open the door, I'm excited to see my handsome guy driving the car.

"Hey handsome." I lean in for a kiss.