Chapter 109

"Here's to looking at you kid

"Here's to looking at you kid."

I snuggle into Tim's chest as we watch Humphrey Bogart kiss Ingrid Bergman for what he thinks is the last time in Casablanca.

It amazes me that someone could tell this story. It's amazing that someone thought of all the characters and their backgrounds up. I think it's beautiful. I don't care if it sounds lame; it's beautiful.

While the opening credits were rolling, Tim informed me that his mom loved this movie.

I thought it was cool because it was one of my mom's top favorite.

I knew James wasn't a fan of it when I was little, but he sat through the movie for her. That much I know.

She never said it, but I know she thought it was beautiful too.

Of course, being as young as I was, I didn't understand what was actually going on in the movie. I just knew that I loved Humphrey's voice and the way Ingrid's face was flawless in every shot. If you haven't watch it, I suggested you do.

"My mom just really loved Humphrey Bogart. Though, I never saw her watch any other movie of his. Just this one." He told me.

"One night-I think I was middle school. I was having a rough day with some of the football players in my class. It was a normal day. Except, I didn't run fast enough."

I could tell he didn't want to talk about it. He just wanted to talk about his mom.

"I went home and didn't want to do anything besides lay in bed. I didn't want to eat or watch anything. Then, I heard that she put this movie on. It brought up memories for me and I just had to watch it."

I felt bad. I didn't have a story like that, but I didn't want him to remember all that pain.

"We could do something else. We don't even have to do this movie. We don't have to do a movie in general." I suggested.

"No. I want to watch it. Besides, I remember the good more than the bad." He kissed me on the lips as it was about to start. "Now, I'm making new memories with my girl."

I'm glad we can talk to each other about our moms. I don't talk to anyone the way I talk to him. He makes me feel like I can say anything and not be judge. He makes me feel at home, even when we're at work.

He feels comfortable with me. That's all I can ask in return.

The movie ended and the debate began.

"No. If this is going to work, you need to be Laszlo."

We decided that we were going to be characters from a movie we both love for Halloween.

I know it's risky going to a work party as characters who are romantically involved. For once, I'm not worried. We're going to be something that we're not. What they think we're not.