Chapter 49

By the time we get to the Hilton it is nine o'clock at night. When we check in, we learn that Gibbs gave us two bedrooms. One for me and one for the boys. Dinner wasn't too bad. Except, I didn't know where to sit because I thought I would be damned if I do and damned if I don't. So, I decided to look like an idiot and pull up a chair and sit at the end of the table. Not only did my agents look at me like I hit my head, but everyone in the restaurant did too. Tony did most of the talking during dinner. Not to us, he was flirting with the waitress, he even had her sit with us for the remainder of our meal.

While, I flip through the television I get a knock on the door. I look through the peep hole and see that it is Tony.

"Tony, don't you look nice."

"You like? You like?" he does a little spin for me. I like because the only thing I ever see him in is a suit. If I ever saw him wearing something else, I would die of shock.

"I just wanted to let you know if you need me tonight, I won't be here. I will be on my date with Patricia." Our waitress.

"Okay. Will you be out all night?"

"That's the plan Peters." He fixes his cufflinks and does another spin for me. "Are you sure this is okay?"

"Yeah, Tony. Why are you thinking about getting serious with the waitress?"

He laughs. "No, Peters. A DiNozzo never disappoints."

He stares at me while I chuckle.

"Are you okay? You've seemed a little out of it today?"

"Yeah. I'm okay."

"Don't want to talk about it, huh?"

"Tony-"

"Peters, unless you are in danger, I would never make you tell me anything."

"Tony, I have three people willing to testify that, that is the biggest lie you have ever told me."

We laugh, and he stops me from closing the door. "You're not still mad at me for that are you?"

I look at him confused. "You know, lying to you about what I said on the phone on Thanksgiving."

"Oh my God, Tony, no. I forgave you a long time ago for that. I wasn't even mad because it was your business anyway. Besides I am the one who lied to you because I used a loophole into telling you that you were not the one to call me."

"You did, so it doesn't count as a lie."

I give him a smile.

"Are you sure you don't want to come with us tonight? Meet a guy at a club and get a little loose."

I laugh at the thought. "Have fun on your date Tony."

He waves goodbye and makes his way to the elevator.

I go back to flipping through the channels on the television and constantly tell myself I am going to get in my pajamas. I don't know why I put it off so much. I know I will be more comfortable once I put them on. I guess it just really means my day is over.

I put on my gray tank top and pink and gray plaid shorts. My phone goes off and I see it's Tim who texted me.

"Are you awake?"

I lay there staring at my phone. I debate whether to answer or not because something like this shouldn't be said over text. It's ten o'clock now and this time we do not have all night. We just have until Tony gets back. I have no idea when that will be, but I am going to guess until sunrise. I look over to the nightstand and the hotel gave us a note pad and a pen. I remember talking to Tim about writing down what we are feeling and sharing it with each other. I grab the pen and the pad and write down two words.