Chapter 86

PLEASE READ THE AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END!
•••

Niall's POV*

The morning I awoke with my hands tangled into her hair and my head in her neck was one of the best I'd had in a long time. Khloe's arms were wrapped around my waist, her legs in a wired mess with my own. Our breathing was synchronized and our hearts were in tune together, and for the first time in a couple weeks, we were one again. We weren't arguing, we weren't bickering, we weren't trying to overcome some force in our relationship, we were just simply laying together.

I could feel the warm, patterned breaths she'd release against my ear causing goosebumps to form along the top linings of my skin, chills rolling under the flesh. Pulling her closer to my heated chest, I tangled the blankets around us more, keeping my eyes locked shut, just trying to enjoy this morning for what it was to bring. Everything had been going pretty smoothly these past couple days, I couldn't wait to see what the future held for us.

The other night when Kaylee showed up at Khloe's house, I was almost positive I was seeing things. I couldn't believe it. When they say 'it's a small world' I don't really think they even know how small it is. I swear that I was going to wee myself. I couldn't think, or talk, or even stand to look at her, but for some reason that's all my eyes wanted to do.

Although I was trying so hard to ignore her presence, I just couldn't help but to want to make her jealous with Khlo. I could see the wheels turning in her head when Khloe wrapped her arms around my waist. It was obvious that it was unexpected. Hell, it was unexpected for me too! Never in my life did I think that I would see her again, let alone have her be my girlfriend's childhood friend!

I didn't know what to say. And then when Khloe found out about us, I was almost positive that I was going to get hit with needling words and have something probably thrown at me. I was then tossed onto another freight train of whirling possibilities when she just sat there and nodded like what I was saying was so neutral and put in everyday conversation. I was expecting every other emotion other than the one I received and I didn't really know how to react.

Then, when she started talking all that nonsense about not being good enough... just I really wish that she could see it herself. I try to do so much to get her to notice because I can tell she's not very confident. I tell her that she's beautiful and that I love her as much as I can, and I take pictures, and I never let her get herself down, but sometimes I don't think it's enough for her. She's just in that 'stage' I guess, but it's terrible. She should be letting go and having fun at this time in her life, not so closed and worried about little things like how she looks or how others view her. That should be the last thing she should care about.

I was suddenly shook out of my thoughts when her arms tightened around my back before her head nudged my chin to the side, taking the spot between my neck and collarbone now. An audible breath was released from her nose, tickling the already sensitive skin there.

"Morning, Pebbles." I like to call her that because I know how much she loves it rather than the overused 'babe'. I like that too, but I think pebbles fits her more.

"Morning." Voice groggy and thick, I smiled at the sound, feeling her stretch against me before her leg moved from between mine and was placed overtop of them. I pulled my head back to look at her peaceful, sleepy face before placing my lips on her forehead. Little creases formed when I did this and I could tell that she was smiling against my collarbone.

"Did you sleep good?" She nodded, her fingertips ghosting over the few pieces of art spread across my upper chest. She knew exactly just where every one was placed and just how the ink was curved along my sticky skin, without even having to look.