Chapter 79

Song:

The heart wants what it wants ~Selena Gomez
••

"Are you alright, now, babe?" I sniffled and nodded, wiping my eyes. I just want this day to be over. It's barely four and I'm just done with everything. "Okay. I have to run out to my car quickly to grab my phone charger, is that okay?"

"Yeah." I exhaled. "I'm sorry. Don't let me burden you."

"Khlo, you don't burden me. I'm glad that you called, I was actually starting to miss you. Even if it means I get to help you get over that dick, I'm glad you're here." She kissed my cheek in a sisterly way before standing up and slipping on her shoes. "I'll be right back."

"Harp?" She looked to me. "Thank you so much." Smiling back at me, she nodded, before closing the door behind her.

Closing my eyes, a sigh was released from my mouth as I sunk back into the couch.

I've got to figure this out. Figure my life out. I mean, volleyball has been out the window. I don't even think that I'm on the team anymore. I wouldn't doubt if I did get kicked off though because I've only gone to a total of like 10 games and probably at most 20 practices which is really freaking sad when there's practice from Monday to Wednesday every week then games are either on Thursday or on the weekend. It's a shame really.

I'm here at this school because of a damn scholarship and I can't even play the part. The season is ending in maybe two weeks, just before thanksgiving, and I'm not even going to be able to play the last game whether I show up for the rest of the days or not. There is no way in hell that Amy is going to allow that, especially when she hates me already.

On top of that, I now have to figure out how the hell I'm going to survive in that damn dorm of mine with Gemma in the same room and El and Perrie right across the hall.

I don't want to be around any of them until they can all freaking explain to me as to how they all knew and why they didn't tell me. Same goes with those damn frat boys. I don't want any part in that group anymore until my trust can be built back up for each and every single person.

"Gosh...." I breathed out and bit my lip, hearing the door open. "Harper, life's a bitch."

"I'm not Harper, but I certainly will agree with you." A familiar accent rang out through the small dorm as my eyes suddenly popped open and I sat up. I didn't want to turn around, but why the fuck was he in here.

I heard a bunch of bags being placed on the counter before my neck whipped around to see a well built male with shaggy, brown colored hair putting away groceries.

"Uhhh,.. who are you?"

He glanced up to me, smiling. "Sorry, Khloe. My names Ashton." I furrowed my eyebrows, staring at him. He knew my name. How did he know my name?

"Okay, Ashton... what are you doing here and how do you know me?" He looked up again, his smile never leaving his damn sculpted face.

"Everyone knows you." he laughed and I suddenly groaned thinking back to when Niall said that our relationship was now very public. Well, when we actually were the 'power couple'. Blah.

"And I'm the roommate Harper was talking about." he added, his accent sounding like a mix between Luke's with a little American.

"You're Harper's roommate? How? This is a girls dorm.." Just then Harper stepped back into the room.

"Khlo, I-" she turned around after shutting the door, smiling as she took in Ashton's presence. "Hey, fucktard." He smiled and walked over to her, leaning down to kiss her lips. Oh. OH!