Chapter 83

Songs:

Little do you know ~Alex and Sierra

Mature

A small creak of my door caused me to lift my head, my eyes blinking open before a wet tongue was pressed to my cheek.

I scrunched my nose and closed my eyes again, pushing away the plush, fluffy head of my puppy, which really wasn't much of a puppy anymore. She'd grown so much. "Morning, Rez.", I squeaked, rubbing my eyes. I felt another lick to my cheek as her nose nudged my head. "Stop..." I groaned and pushed her away, hearing her feet patter out of my room while her tail wagged, smacking the door.

The sun shone bright through my thin curtains, along with the breeze through the cracked window. Waves of the ocean rolled on top of each other, doubling over onto the shore. The sweet smell of salt and sunscreen streamed into my room and I smiled, actually sitting up for once. I'd missed waking up on the ocean. It was such a peaceful and relaxing feeling.

Throwing the covers off my legs, I sat up straight and slipped a pair of shorts on over my underwear, letting Niall's shirt fall almost over them.

He'd let me borrow it last night before he left to his hotel. No matter how many times I tried to convince him to stay over, he declined me every time saying, "I want to, but I won't allow myself." What was that supposed to mean? I blew it off, however, leaving him with a kiss and a deal that if he was leaving, then I wanted his shirt to sleep in.

It's been way too long without him and I really just wanted his comfort.

We didn't end up going to sleep until well after three this morning, just cuddling outside. Even though three hours didn't seem that long in my eyes, he promised that he'd be back first thing this morning to have that talk with me and to explain himself.

"Morning, Ray Bell." my dad smiled, filling the dishwasher with the dirty dishes. I don't really get why he calls me Ray by my middle name, but I don't complain because he's done it since I've been a child.

"Morning." I smiled and walked over, pouring myself a cup of coffee before taking it out onto the terrace where I curled into my chair, my phone in one hand, coffee in the other.

Niall would be here soon, so I decided to just have a relaxing morning, looking out over the ocean. You could see swimmers along the coast line, tanning. Kids playing in the sand. A few boaters in the distance along with a couple jet skiers. It was a nice and hot day already, but the humidity was going to be crazy. I could already feel it.

"How'd you sleep?" I smiled back at my mom as she slid the glass door closed, walking over to the other vacant, wooden chair.

"Alright. It was warm in my room though so I had to open the window." she lightly laughed, both of us taking a drink of our coffee. Like mother, like daughter. I bit my lip, glancing up to her. I've got to ask, it's been bugging me since Niall brought it up. "Mom, why didn't you tell me that Niall was coming?"

She smiled, her hands shifting around her cup. "Well, I guess that your dad and I could tell that something was off with you and we figured that when Niall called, that's what it had to be. So, we wanted to keep it a secret and surprise you."

"Oh." So Niall didn't mention the argument between us. "Okay."

She started to say something then stopped herself before looking to me again. "Is everything okay?"

I bit my lip. "Yeah! Everything's good." I gave a slight nod, reassuring not only her but myself too. Everything was going to be perfectly fine.

He'd come over, we'd sit down, have a nice talk- he'd explain all of his shit and reasonings and I would understand that everyone makes mistakes. Yeah, we were going to be fine.