Chapter 48

"Good morning, everyone, and welcome to Ireland. I would like to ask that you sit your seats up properly and that you place your belts back on. We will be landing in Dublin in roughly twenty minutes. The current date and time is 5:42 am on October first."

My eyes blinked open to see that the plane lights were still out, however most of the passengers were awake, intently listening to the lady over the intercom.

"Your Captan and I would like to thank you for your cooperation on Flight 106 from Atlanta, Georgia. For everyone touring, we wish you a safe trip, and for everyone returning, welcome home." The enthusiastic, blonde flight attendant finally ended the speech, earning quite a few claps from the guests.

I glanced over to Niall, only to see him staring out the window. He rested back into his seat, an annoyed look on his face. "How the hell is she this fucking awake at five in the damn morning?", he groaned.

I'm assuming he's talking about the flight attendant? "Niall, it's going on six. And most people on this plane are."

He didn't say anything, but rather just closed his eyes again, leaning his head on my shoulder. I placed the belt over my lap, resting my head against his as I felt the plane start to descend at a very slow pace.

This has been the longest I have ever sat, I swear. A nine hour plane ride. My butt is numb and my legs feel like jelly. Every once in a while, I'd have to get up and just walk down the isles to stretch them out and let the blood circulate back through them.

Not only that, but the jet lag is going to be horrendous! I have only been able to sleep for a couple hours because back home, it's only just now going on one in the morning. So, I pretty much get cheated out of time since the time change has definitely caught up with us now that the sun has started to rise. At this pace, we're going to be sleeping in until three.

My eyes snapped open at the feel on the plane bouncing slightly. I gripped into Niall's hand, trying to close my eyes again to relax my nerves.

Turbulence has to be the worst thing about plane rides. A little bit ago, we encountered some as we were flying over the ocean, and let's just say that was like going through hell. Niall was laughing at me, all while I felt like I was going to pass out.

"Khlo, relax." I opened to see Niall staring at me. "Damn, you have a death grip."

I glanced down to our hands to see that my hand was tightly bound around his. "Sorry." I mumbled, letting go and leaning up to place my elbows on my knees, and my head in my hands.

"You alright?" We bounced again, this time at a bigger drop. I shook my head, feeling the bile rise in my stomach.

Ugh, could this get any worse?

"Ladies and Gents, this is your captan speaking. We are encountering a bit of turbulence at the moment, but I am going to get you into landing as safe as I can. Thank you for your patience."

"Niall, I can't do this." I glanced up to him to see a worried and confused expression on his face.

He sighed and carefully placed the palm of his hand against my back. I have to admit that the small circles were slightly calming; that is until we started to increase in speed as we neared the runway, resulting in us coming in at an angle.

I gripped Niall's hand again, taking a deep breath and swallowing hard to try and keep everything down as the wheels slowly came into contact with the pavement below. There was a small bounce before they were fully planted, and the plane was safely on the runway.

The passengers started clapping as the lights turned on, and I immediately fell into Niall's chest.

"Sorry.", I mumbled, feeling my nerves calm.