Chapter 43

Luke's POV*

.

.

.

Oh my god.

What the fuck did I do...

.

.

.

I paced around the small parameter of the room, tugging at the roots of my matted down hair. My eyes stung with tears that brimmed the surface, my knees were completely weak, and the acid in my stomach had surely raised in level, making me want to vomit at my own actions.

  How could I do this to her? It was bad enough to cheat, now I fucking touched her?

  I let out a low groan, pulling harder as the image of Khloe's face appeared; branded into my vision.

.

.

  The way her hair was disheveled. How her eyes grew the size of baseballs when she seen me step out of the room. The way she just instantly became a fountain of tears.

I scared her.

No. Terrified and tormented her.

  "Make it stop." Those were the only words that were able to come out of my mouth as the tears started to cascade down my face. 

  What was I thinking? I took one of the most beautiful girls and destroyed her.

It's my fault. All of this, is my fault.

  Niall was wrong, so wrong, when he said that I was just as bad as him.

  The truth is, I am so much worse.

  I've..I've lied, I've cheated, I've completely destroyed the world around me, I've violated a girl, I've gotten into fights..  Hell, I've done more messed up shit than I can count on my fingers.

I know that Niall's not the greatest person. He's no prince charming, no goodie-two-shoes. He's done a shit ton as well, but I do know that no matter how mad, irritated, or annoyed, he would never, ever go as far as to lay a hand on a woman.

  I quickly brushed the tears away, standing up straighter. My heart was pounding against my ribs, as if it wanted to escape, as I quickly made my way to my closet. I pulled out all of the hangers that held my clothes, throwing them into my duffel bag.

  I need to get out of here.

  I need to leave.

I'm a coward, but I don't care. I do not wish to see what I have done to Khloe. I do not wish to know what she thinks of me, and I do not wish to see her crumble. I do not wish to know that I did that to her.

I was suddenly stopped by the sound of my door hitting the wall, making me turn my body.

The light from the hallway streamed in, causing Niall's silhouette to be seen.

  I just sighed and stood there. My heart began to pound so loud that I couldn't hear the man in front of me, instead I just seen his mouth moving. That was until I watched his fist connect with my jaw, blurring my vision.

  I deserved that.

  I stumbled back from the bed, only to receive another which made my knees even more weak as I was pummeled in to the ground.

  I deserved that too.

  I didn't fight back, instead just let him, taking in each bone aching blow that smeared even more blood. I didn't need to fight back. I needed to know what it felt like to be helpless. As helpless as Khloe was. I deserved all of this.