Chapter 47

I slammed the door to the dorm behind me, my eyes going wide as I took in Khloe. She stood by the door with her bag packed, one foot in her peach colored converse, the other halfway in.

No words were said as we just stood, staring at each other. Her eyes were dull, no emotion present.

"Where are you going?", I asked, still not moving.

She just stared at me, her eyes not once leaving mine. "I'm sorry, Niall, but I am not one of those girls. I don't just do that. I like meaning." She whispered the last part.

"Khloe...," I wanted this, right? So then why am I feeling like such a dick? "Can we talk about this?"

"I... I'm sorry, Niall, but I have to go." She finished putting on her shoe. "Eleanor's waiting." With that, she pushed past me, bumping my shoulder on the way.

I let out a huff, running my hands through my hair and down my face as the door shut.

I glanced up to see Liam exiting his room with his phone in hand. "Hey where's Khlo? I was gonna see if she-"

"She's gone."

"-wanted to- wait, what? She was just here."

I shrugged, sinking into the chair at the table. "She just left."

"No, she doesn't just leave. She's not even talking to her friends, so where'd she go?" Liam crossed his arms.

"I..well, she did."

"Niall, what the fuck did you say this time?" I held my hands up, not saying anything. He came around the back and smacked me in the back of the head. I guess I deserved that.

"Ouch, fucker!" I stood up, and made my way to the door. "Going for a walk. Be back in a bit."

"Why you're at it, go apologize to Khlo for whatever reason, and make sure you sign up for some 'how to respect women' classes!" I rolled my eyes, slamming the door behind me.

Respect women classes? Do they actually have those? Because if so, I need to sign Luke up for some.

I made my way down the stairs and out into the dark of the student parking lot. There were no stars out. Instead, it was rather cloudy; the moon was even fogged over.

I began down the sidewalk, watching as cars passed by in the city lights that shown over the tops of a few trees. There were a few street lamps, illuminating the pavement in front of me.

I noticed two girls messing around on the other side of the street. I instantly recognized the tall brunette, which only means that the smaller one was my Khloe.

I watched them carefully, not to be creepy, but to make sure that they'd get home safe seeming how they weren't even paying attention to anything around them.

Eleanor must have said something that made Khloe go into hysterics. She was walking on the edge of the road, talking to Eleanor, who was on the sidewalk, not even noticing the headlights that were coming towards them at a faster pace than I even realized.

Shit.

Before I knew it, my feet were carrying me at a fast pace towards the other side of the road. "Khloe!" Her head snapped up to see the large semi and she seemed to freeze before she was shoved to the ground. The headlights flew past us, sending a rush of air towards our bodies that were now collided on the ground. "You have got to watch where you're going." I yelled, staring down at her. That truck would have completely wiped her out.

Her eyes were the size of golfballs, her breathing heavy.

"Khloe! Oh my God, I'm so sorry!" Eleanor's voice was heard.