Chapter 46

Niall's POV*

  "Niall!" Khloe pulled my hair harder, causing me to groan against her. I glanced up, just in time to see her back lift off the sheets as her eyes clenched together and her mouth hung ajar.

  She fell back trembling, her breathing now deep, but fast; air filling her lungs completely as she came down from her high. She lazily pulled the white sheet over herself, looking up to me with tired eyes.

I licked my fingers clean before staring back at her. I took in the deep amber color of her eyes that would always remind me of fall. Like ginger and pumpkin spice.

  There was a new flame that was lit. It wasn't the normal spark or glow that they held. This was so much more...deeper. This was..different.

A very bad different.

  Guilt caught ahold of me, pressing into my neck as if it was trying to strangle me. My throat was closing and my neck muscles straining as panic started to set in as I continued to stare at the girl in front of me, thinking of what we, no I- had just done.

This was not supposed to happen.

  She can not happen.

  I hadn't noticed that I started to lean towards her until I'd snapped back into reality, realizing that this girl..she did something to me. Something that was very out of my control. And that scared me.

  I have a world. My own world that I have created and built from the ground up, and everything in that world is under my complete and total control. So when and where along the road did Khloe fall into this?

  She came in and has just destroyed everything I had set up. She made me.. this. With her deep brown eyes, chipped nail polish, loose fitting t-shirts, converse, all of which I've never had. Of which I'm not used to.

  I'm used to having the best and always the best. The girls who have skinny figures, long  hair to pull on, girls who know what they're doing, and who wear tight clothing that made their chest stick out.

  Where did Khloe fit into this? Yes, she's fucking beautiful, but she's not this, and that drives me to the very tip of insanity.

  I'm used to being in control of my actions and what happens between a girl and I. Of knowing where things are heading.

  I get a girl, mark her mine, have sex with her, and boom, she's gone.

  Why the hell is Khloe different?

  She's not. Or well, not for long.

  I pulled back, straightening myself out. I ran a hand through my hair, clearing my throat to mainly try to ease my thoughts.

  After pulling out a shirt from her bag, and a pair of black shorts, I placed them on the bed beside her, along with her undergarments.

  This has gone too far.

  I need something, anything, to get my mind off this. This was bad. This was all a bad idea. I was starting to feel suffocated as I stared down at Khloe who was still wrapped in the sheets.

Say something, Niall. You need to get out of here.

  "I'll go make lunch. " Wait, what?

  I quickly exited the room, shutting the door just before a breathless 'yeah.' was mumbled.

  My hands were pressed into my hair, scrunching at the ends as my feet began to trail across the floor in the kitchen.