Epolgue 1: Move-in Day

January 2015

She stands there, eyes wide with astonishment. I can't help the blush that slowly creeps up from my neck, nipping at the tips of my ears.

Three weeks.

A full three damn weeks did it take me to convince her to even come look at the apartment. Khloe Sparks and her stubborn ways were going to be the death of me.

You could practically see her heart pounding out of her chest; her rib cage lifting then suddenly dropping at a deep and heavy pace. The rosy blush of her pale cheeks sent my mind in furry, pondering at what could be running through her little head.

Khloe hadn't said a word since I'd open the door, instead her eyes widened, mouth closed and her feet began to wonder aimlessly. The apartment wasn't anything extravagant - wasn't some million dollar pent house, but it was beautiful nonetheless. The walls were a rich, pastel crème; floors varied from a black marble to an almost beige ceramic tile to a light oak wood; kitchen cabinets were a rich, white wood, and counters were a light marbled granite with stainless steel appliances.

We were placed on the seventh story which gave us the accessibility to have a second floor which was where the main bedroom and bathroom were placed along with a spare room which would more than likely be used as a storage room.

"Niall, this is..." she turned to the side to see me staring at her with my hands in my pockets. I rocked a bit on my heels waiting for her to speak, but it was almost as if she was speechless. "Did you really buy this?"

I nodded.

"For us?"

"For us." I confirmed, a smile bridging from the corners of my lips.

I caught the glint in her chestnut brown eyes as her cheeks finally pulled up. "I really like it. It's so beautiful."

Deciding to take a step towards her, I plucked my hands from my jeans and instead used them to pull her into me.

"It is." I smiled. "Now, I'm going to tell you one more time... Khloe, I want you to move in with me. For real."

The way her face softened at my words and the smile that found it's way upon her lips was all the confirmation I needed. "I'd love to move in with you, Niall." Smiling even wider, I felt a rush of happiness overwhelm my bones causing me to squeeze and lift the girl off the floor, pressing my lips to hers.

I couldn't explain the rush of emotions flowing through my body at the thought of finally taking the next step with her.

Khloe is my life now and the fact that she's willing to make the next jump puts me into this state of comfort and security. It makes the atmosphere around myself more tranquil and less pressuring knowing that she's now always within an arms reach.

"Are we really doing this?" Khloe pulled her head back and her hands grasped ahold of my heated cheeks. The cold contact made me secure her legs around my hips and bring my hands up to cover hers, warming them.

"We are." I smiled.

She let out a tiny squeal and pulled our heads closer, our lips almost meeting in the middle. A small chuckle escaped the tiny gap that my mouth had formed just before I fully pressed my lips to hers in a short, soft kiss. Groaning as Khloe pulled away, a smile instantly took over as she began to sprinkle my face in small pecks.

"I love you so much. Thank you for all of this."

"This spark in your eyes is all I ever want to see, Khlo. I'll do anything to see that." I mentally cringed at how cheesy that sounded, but there was no doubt that it was 110 percent true. I just want her to be happy. That's all I'll ever ask.