Chapter 65

Khloe's POV*

Mature ;)

"Are you sure you can do this?" Niall wearily asked as he wrapped his arms tighter around my body. I slowly nodded, feeling the nerves enter my body as my hands begin to clam up.

"I have to Niall. I want a normal relationship with you and so far it's almost been a month and we have gotten no where." I sighed, biting my lip.

It's true though. Since we've been dating, we've only gotten small moments. Everything else seemed to be getting involved and I don't want that anymore. First it was Jonah, then it was Niall's dad, then it was Amy, and now I just want it all to stop.

This month has been beyond hectic. I've been so paranoid to go any ware around campus because Jonah has been lingering these past few days and I don't want to bump into him. I don't even know the guy for crying out loud. On top of that, we still haven't seen Niall's dad at all since that night in the alley. So who knows where he is by now. I really just want to feel safe outside of Niall's arms again, and I can't do that unless everything is taken care of.

It's bridging the end of October now and I'd just like everything to be normal again.

"I know, baby. I'll go in there with you, okay? Harry's talking to him right now. If anything happens we're going to be right there." Niall's words sent a calming wave through my body, coating me in earth and reassurance. I smile a little one and stood on my tippy toes so that way I could press a kiss to him lips. He leant into me a bit, our chests brushing.

Once we pulled away, his arm quickly found its way around my waist as he lead me through the glass doors of the tiny coffee shop. It was the same one that we'd seen Niall's dad in.

I released a big, audible puff of air feeling my chest start to thud harder against my ribs. I don't know why I was so scared. I mean, it's just Jonah...

'Yeah, Jonah who is your father's mistake. Jonah who tried to rape your boyfriends sister. Jonah who seems very scary and intimidating.' My conscious reminded me.

"Niall, I can't do this." I whispered, staring ahead at the mop of brown hair, and the muscular guy with jet black hair beside him.

Niall and I immediately came to a halt, Niall staring down at me. It was then that I noticed the pair of deep brown eyes staring back at me too. It was almost scary in a different way than intimidation. It was scary because I was in awe as I stared at him from across the room. There was no mistaking the man that sat next to Harry in that red booth.

He was an exact replica of my father just with darker, fuller hair.

My eyes went wide as I noticed that he was now coming closer in view. Or it was just that Niall and I had started walking towards them again. We slid into the booth on the opposite side, Niall in first, then me. I felt safe like that because who knows what he could do. Harry sat across from me and Jonah was across from Niall.

I noticed how tense the air around us had grown. Actually, I think the whole room could feel it.

Niall's hand slowly inched its way onto my leg, where my hand had grabbed it and laced our fingers together. The sweat that had accumulated was unbelievable, but I don't think Niall minded. Or at least I hoped not.

Harry cleared his throat, trying to break the tension as he shot me a small smile before running his hand through his long hair. "So, Khlo, how are you?"

I gave a slight cough to clear my throat, trying to calm the nerves that were racing through my stomach. I felt nauseous. "I-I'm- I'm good." I stuttered, glancing to Jonah to see that he was already staring at me. I squeezed Niall's hand and quickly adverted my attention back to Harry.